The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 SD card speed

Tim

Well, I've taken the plunge ordered a DP2 and am awaiting delivery. While I wait, I got to thinking I'll need another SD card or two and so considered what speed I will need.

Sure the extra speed cards are cheap enough but just wondering, is there any advantage spending the extra for a class 4 or class 6 card for the DP2 - will it improve write performance on this camera? :talk028:

Has anyone done or seen any tests with card speed and the DP2 write speed?

Thanks

Tim

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Definately use a Class 6. I use Lexar Pro because I had a very bad
experience with sanscrap.....
There is a noticable difference in write speed.
Don

Don Ellis

Remember, too, that not all Class 6 cards are created equal. Class 6 denotes a minimum speed for that classification, but many Class 6 cards go much faster. I know. :rolleyes:

Don

Tim

The Ricoh forum guys tested a bunch of class 6 cards and on the GRD IIs the Panasonic class 6 edged out the rest but they are quite a bit more $$. I'll check the Lexar Pro prices, thanks for that.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Another card that's really fast is....
Delkin Devices Film Pro...it's a class 6 but writes at about 250x instead of the normal 133x. With the DP1 or 2, ya need all the speed you can get....