The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus, but not the E-P1, thread

Will

I was looking through some old files from my C3040Z and thinking I don't need the E-P1, I just need to use what I've got more!

The fast lens on the C3040Z was very handy sometimes.

Hong Kong

Widget in her younger days.

Tim

This thread is making me sad, :scry: and regretful of selling my C5050 :banghead:

But please, don't mind me, post more images :scry: :scry:

Lili

I love these shots Wayne, Oly has alwa known how to make superb cameras and you make yours sing!

W

wbrandsma

Great photographs Will. Olympus used to produce wonderful compact cameras in my opinion. These are from the C4000z.

O

Oxide Blu

Holy crap -- I think that is my ex-wife!!! There are a lot of similarities; the horns, the whiskers, and those are her earrings!!! :D

Will and Wouter -- thanks for sharing the great pix! :thumbs: Wouter -- putting that one in the family photo album, just in case. I think mom will be surprised. :D

Will

Lili, your compliments were warmly appreciated and, as the quote goes, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet ;)

Wouter I love the cow shot. There is something a bit special about the images from the old Olympus compacts that I miss. Makes me think that if the E-P1 can also produce that special something then it might be worth serious consideration.

Helen, kweide and Oxide blue, many thanks for your comments, glad you like my efforts.

pollobarca

One from my c5050z a couple of years ago in Bologna:-

Will, Wouter, great pictures ,make me wonder why we change cameras...

Will

Lovely panning shot pollogarca and beautiful Olympus colours!

Here is another old one I found which made me laugh.

My three children with Grandad and small snake! Filip wasn't all that sure about it!

pollobarca

Thanks Will,
it was a lucky shot, I was playing around panning and had latched onto these 2 girls on a scooter. The police car (carabinieri) drove in at the right moment.
The red flash and emergency phone nr make a lot of the colour.
More Olympus from Bologna, I perhaps used too much noise filter on this.

At that time I was using only JPG.

Nice snake shot, the boy doesnt look too sure , thats for sure!

smokysun

everytime i've sold a camera or lense i've regretted it! the cameras especially go down in value so fast! i gave my whole 20d setup to a photographer friend in canada. her pleasure more than money and i just wasn't using it. bought back the canon elfs 230 and 430 and the g5. every camera has a special quality. these taken with the first and i doubt, forty thousand dollars of equipment later, i've ever done any better.

http://www.pbase.com/wwp/summer_2003

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited: