The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Opinions on image?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
No intentions here. Obviously a simple difference in approach or opinion. Mine is worth the price paid for it, which is essentially nothing!

sizifo

No intentions here. Obviously a simple difference in approach or opinion. Mine is worth the price paid for it, which is essentially nothing!
No intention either. I appreciate your opinion, but don't agree - at least not at the moment.

Here is the most irritant/irritating photo I could find after a short search (not exactly in your sense streetshooter :) ).

sizifo

Well, sticking a pole in the middle of a beautiful winter scene seemed like a funny thing to do. It's the Hamburg harbor when the river froze over last winter.

I remembered this one in connection with the exchange before, where chopped heads are deliberate (seriously). It's actually part of a slideshow + music that I made with a bunch of Hyde Park photos, but haven't come up with a good way to post this. Quicktime or something, if anybody has suggestions?

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
The pole is an interesting idea.
Ray K. Metzker, from Philly has a series called,
Pictus Interruptus...... He has an object in the
image either in focus or not that interrupts the
image but then does it?

In your image the pole is a part of the image
and the actual irritant is the single object on
the far right. That pulls the eye travel over to that side
of the frame and forces the eye to search the other
side for relief......
I really like that image......

D

D upton-Hackett.

shot this the other day. the lamp stand never bothered me some people may think this technically wrong but it was just an experiment.

Last edited:

sizifo

The pole is an interesting idea.
Ray K. Metzker, from Philly has a series called,
Pictus Interruptus...... He has an object in the
image either in focus or not that interrupts the
image but then does it?
Cool. I have a few photos of this kind, and liked the (obviously non-original) idea. The one I posted is probably the most interesting one, and it's not that good really.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Whoa whoa..... Never worry about an idea
being original....

No eyes ever will nor ever shall
see what I see now.....

Margaret Bourke White.....