The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Car Mirror Self Portrait

helenhill

Hey TRSmith
We sense that strong concentration as you navigate the icy COLD terrain
How did you have 17 degrees in the mirror?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Hey TRSmith
We sense that strong concentration as you navigate the icy COLD terrain
How did you have 17 degrees in the mirror?
It does take a little concentration to get up my driveway this time of year! As for the degrees... it's a display for the outside temp, imbedded in the rear view mirror.

Tim

jonoslack

Here's my take
on the way to the supermarket to buy some Chateau Musar:

gx100

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Nice , okay what kind of wrong sided car driving machine is that. LOL

Seriously short story . i went to Sydney several years ago and i rented a car and all that to get out to a Air force base in Adelaide . Had a nice big job there to shoot. Anyway i landed in Sydney and i looked outside and not realizing right away about driving. Than it dawned on me it was my wrong side of the road. I cancelled the rental car immediately and took a taxi. So just for fun i sat behind the driver and pretended . I killed everyone on the road. I ran into more stuff than I could laugh about. Luckily for the folks of Australia i did not get behind the wheel. LOL

Maggie O

OK, my turn. (If nothing else, I probably win the "crappiest car" award!)

Last edited:

helenhill

MAGPIE
Love the Reflection in your Sunglasses and the Bangs too
I just had tres short, short bangs cut today as well as having my hair darkened..... bangs in homage to Bettie Page & Jean Seberg OR as Lili would say Chaneling :D
Cheers! H

Last edited:

jonoslack

Nice , okay what kind of wrong sided car driving machine is that. LOL

Seriously short story . i went to Sydney several years ago and i rented a car and all that to get out to a Air force base in Adelaide . Had a nice big job there to shoot. Anyway i landed in Sydney and i looked outside and not realizing right away about driving. Than it dawned on me it was my wrong side of the road. I cancelled the rental car immediately and took a taxi. So just for fun i sat behind the driver and pretended . I killed everyone on the road. I ran into more stuff than I could laugh about. Luckily for the folks of Australia i did not get behind the wheel. LOL
Hah
we have to do this all the time - I'm off skiing next week, and we'll pick up a french car in Geneva - steering wheel on the wrong side . . .more radical is having to change gear with the wrong hand; there's always a danger of opening the door instead!
Actually, it takes 5 minutes to get sorted, the danger area is getting back to the UK tired and going around a roundabout the wrong way!
:cussing:
always wanted to use that one
:ROTFL:

jonoslack

OK, my turn. (If nothing else, I probably win the "crappiest car" award!)
Badass I'd say - and I haven't a clue what sort of car it is - might be a top of the range lexus for all I know?!
Great shot - funny, I always imagined you with a black one.

Maggie O

Badass I'd say - and I haven't a clue what sort of car it is - might be a top of the range lexus for all I know?!
Great shot - funny, I always imagined you with a black one.
It's a very dirty Subaru Outback Wagon, in silver. I'm looking to trade it for a Subaru WRX, though. I don't haul much big stuff anymore, not being in a band or anything, so I want something that goes fast, both in a straight line and around corners. Sadly, a Lotus Exige (a veddy British badass, wot?) is out of my price range! (As one of my friends told me, "I swear, you're the bastard love child of Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond!")

jonoslack

It's a very dirty Subaru Outback Wagon, in silver. I'm looking to trade it for a Subaru WRX, though. I don't haul much big stuff anymore, not being in a band or anything, so I want something that goes fast, both in a straight line and around corners. Sadly, a Lotus Exige (a veddy British badass, wot?) is out of my price range! (As one of my friends told me, "I swear, you're the bastard love child of Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond!")
Sheesh - so which of those two is the girlie?!
Lotus is just up the road from us (well, 25 miles) - I've been around the factory, but never owned one. I've had Saabs since 1989, until this current car which I've had since January (and which does go fast, both in a straight line and around corners :D )
The WRX sounds like fun - when's it coming?