The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Car Mirror Self Portrait

Maggie O

Sheesh - so which of those two is the girlie?!
Lotus is just up the road from us (well, 25 miles) - I've been around the factory, but never owned one. I've had Saabs since 1989, until this current car which I've had since January (and which does go fast, both in a straight line and around corners :D )
The WRX sounds like fun - when's it coming?
I generally vacillate wildly between super girlie and wild-eyed tomboy. Keeps life interesting and other people on their toes. :D

Is the current car a Z4? I missed what it is.

I'll get a WRX when a decent used one shows up at my dealer. A brand-new one is out of my price range, so I'm looking for a slightly broken-in one. In World Rally Blue Pearl, of course. :thumbup:

jonoslack

I generally vacillate wildly between super girlie and wild-eyed tomboy. Keeps life interesting and other people on their toes. :D
LOL - I wasn't clear enough, if you're the bastard wotsit of Hammond and Clarkson, one assumes that one of them should be a girlie?

Is the current car a Z4? I missed what it is.
No - I think Jeremy Clarkson said "See a man in a Boxster and you see a man who can't afford a 911" and I certainly can't afford one!
It's a Boxster S - I got it from Tim Ashley - 18 months old - 6000 miles, poor thing doesn't know what's hit it (I've done 5000, in 6 weeks!). Scrabbling around for a picture I found this:

I'll get a WRX when a decent used one shows up at my dealer. A brand-new one is out of my price range, so I'm looking for a slightly broken-in one. In World Rally Blue Pearl, of course. :thumbup:
What else! Let someone else pay for the initial depreciation.

Robert Campbell

Hah
we have to do this all the time - I'm off skiing next week, and we'll pick up a french car in Geneva - steering wheel on the wrong side . . .more radical is having to change gear with the wrong hand;
:ROTFL:
Proper cars always have the gear change on the right: try one of these :)

PS Geneva is in Switzerland :)

Robert Campbell

Yes please :)

Yes - but there is a french side of the airport - which is where we pick up the car.

Incidentally - why do you think I've changed? Could it be the hat?
Be very careful of theives in Geneva airport. The french side is a sort of french domestic terminal but physically in Switzerland.

A mirror image! :D

Maggie O

Obviously, Jono, I'm some sort of science experiment, gone terribly, terribly, yet delightfully, wrong!

I'm with "papa" Hammond- the Boxster is a marvelous car in its own right, and yours is a gorgeous example!

jonoslack

Be very careful of theives in Geneva airport. The french side is a sort of french domestic terminal but physically in Switzerland.

A mirror image! :D
Hi Bertie
Damn it, of course I should look more carefully, you live in Switzerland! It's certainly a fiddle to get in and out of the airport on the French side. It does always amuse me how terrified most people are at the concept of driving on the 'wrong' side of the road.

As for the mirror image . . . . the other was in a mirror too I think? Not sure why I ever put a picture of myself up - yours is much more dignified!

jonoslack

Obviously, Jono, I'm some sort of science experiment, gone terribly, terribly, yet delightfully, wrong!
Or Delightfully (yet terrifyingly) right?
I'm with "papa" Hammond- the Boxster is a marvelous car in its own right, and yours is a gorgeous example!
Thank you; it's a bit of a learning experience at the moment, after all those years of front wheel drive . . . . . and if you send me a large cheque very fast I wont write and tell "mama" Jeremy what you just said!
:ROTFL:

Robert Campbell

Hi Bertie
Damn it, of course I should look more carefully, you live in Switzerland! It's certainly a fiddle to get in and out of the airport on the French side. It does always amuse me how terrified most people are at the concept of driving on the 'wrong' side of the road.

As for the mirror image . . . . the other was in a mirror too I think? Not sure why I ever put a picture of myself up - yours is much more dignified!
It must be the raffish angle of the hat :) I prefer it to the previous. My pic is a cartoon from years ago, framed and glazed and rather inaccessable - the only use for the skew function of the GRD I have yet found.

I'm going through Geneva on Tues, but on the Swiss side - I have only ever left from the french part by going via CH.
BTW, if you really must hire a french car, and are worried about having the steering wheel on the wrong side, then go for one of Ettore's models - they have the steering wheel on the 'right' side :)

jonoslack

BTW, if you really must hire a french car, and are worried about having the steering wheel on the wrong side, then go for one of Ettore's models - they have the steering wheel on the 'right' side :)

I assume that this is an offer of a loan car? :clap:
I don't have the slightest worry about the steering wheel on the other side - it always makes me feel like I'm on holiday (I do work abroad a bit, but rarely hire a car then).
This is a skiing trip - and to visit our 19 year old who's doing a season in La Rosiere - it even looks like it might snow just before we get there :)

Brian Mosley

I don't know whether an E-400 counts as a small sensor cam, but since this looks like fun... here goes ;)

Thought I'd play safe, remember we're living in a Nanny state & I didn't want to lose points off my license! lol

Thanks everyone, this is a very friendly forum!

Kind Regards

Brian

jonoslack

I don't know whether an E-400 counts as a small sensor cam, but since this looks like fun... here goes ;)
Well, it's a small cam sensor at least :)
I think everything counts here as long as it's good natured and vaguely relevant!
Nice shot - a colourful person in a drab world?

Thought I'd play safe, remember we're living in a Nanny state & I didn't want to lose points off my license! lol
yes, well, I was stopped in a layby as well!

Kind Regards

Brian
Isn't it just - useful and fun . . . and then there are all those nice girls hanging about :clap:

Terry

Kind Regards

Brian
The selective color works so perfectly in this shot. Well done!

Brian Mosley

Thank you, glad you liked it!

this is actually a cool idea for a series... I had fun trying to make it slightly different - LightZone makes this *so* easy! The 14-54 is a bit bulky - I suppose I could just as easily used the more compact and lightweight 14-42 lens as I didn't need the speed here.

Kind Regards

Brian

Robert Campbell

I assume that this is an offer of a loan car? :clap:
I don't have the slightest worry about the steering wheel on the other side :)
If only! My problem isn't the steering wheel, but the indicators and lights and wipers are transposed between the cars in CH and IRL

Enjoy the skiing.