The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is it my imagination ...

fordfanjpn

Or is Lightroom 2.4 doing a better job with the DP2 files? I only played with it for a few minutes, but it does seem to be handling the files better than the last version did. Of course, it could be my imagination!

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Bill, I noriced tge same thing, in fact it's
doing a fine job with the DP1 also.....
I'm converting to dng again.....
Don

Don Ellis

Hi Gentlemen,

I've resisted Lightroom all this time, preferring a RAW converter and Photoshop. But I'm willing to try anything that's better. But doesn't Lightroom use ACR 5.4, just like Photoshop?

And Bill, did you mean better with regards to older versions of Lightroom, or better than SPP?

Thanks... I can always download a trial and try, but words of experience could save me some time.

Don

trisberg

I've been using LR for a while with my DP1 X3F files, and I haven't seen anything from SPP that I couldn't get via LR adjustments. LR now has a Silver Efex Pro plugin which makes B&W conversions a snap.

-Thomas

fordfanjpn

Hi Gentlemen,

I've resisted Lightroom all this time, preferring a RAW converter and Photoshop. But I'm willing to try anything that's better. But doesn't Lightroom use ACR 5.4, just like Photoshop?

And Bill, did you mean better with regards to older versions of Lightroom, or better than SPP?

Thanks... I can always download a trial and try, but words of experience could save me some time.

Don
Don, I was referencing the older versions, because I have not yet compared it to SPP. I'll try to do that over the weekend.

Bill

Don Ellis

Don, I was referencing the older versions, because I have not yet compared it to SPP. I'll try to do that over the weekend.
Bill
Hi Bill, I would expect it to work like Photoshop, since they're both using ACR 5.4 (to my understanding).

I look forward to your comments and have downloaded the trial so I don't appear too lazy to do my own research. :p

Don