The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 Boomerang

Terry

They started hitting the stores in the UK this week and should arrive in the US late next week. If you have a couple of weeks stay tuned and you will start to see a lot posted about the camera.

In terms of lenses there will be more coming and Panasonic is due to launch a 20mm f1.7 lens this fall and it will work on the Oly body. There is a huge list of manual focus lenses you can also use with it.

F

frankweir

david...but aren't your words typical of the "mud slinging" you seem to be so angry about?

"...another typical fanboy response when you don't have a leg to stand on. But from you, I didn't expect any better.... "

This seems awfully mean-spirited to me but I'm willing to listen to your opinions on the dp-1. You have more experience with it than me. I just don't understand why everyone seems so angry over this camera?? Do many people feel the sigma is so poor that it represents a rip off by sigma?

frank weir

D

ddk

david...but aren't your words typical of the "mud slinging" you seem to be so angry about?

"...another typical fanboy response when you don't have a leg to stand on. But from you, I didn't expect any better.... "

This seems awfully mean-spirited to me but I'm willing to listen to your opinions on the dp-1. You have more experience with it than me. I just don't understand why everyone seems so angry over this camera?? Do many people feel the sigma is so poor that it represents a rip off by sigma?

frank weir
Hi Frank,

Let's call this an unfortunate and fruitless thread that I'm not particularly proud of and leave at that.

That response was directed at a new member that I never had any interaction with and his first post to me starts with a personal insult, that was my way of telling him to F off.

Please ask others regarding the camera, I don't really want to waste any more time with it, thanks.

Lili

DP-1 is now just over 380$ at Amazon...and I'm a Prime member...no shipping charges, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Smoky

Just for the heck of it I am jumping in. I read Ken Rockwell s blog regularly because he has decent insights to most Nikon equipment. This review of the D Lux 4 is quite simply ridiculous . He spends the entire first page complaining thats its basically a Panasonic Lx3 (does anyone on this forum really not know that?) .

But he omits that the Panasonic Lx3 has a Leica designed 24mm/2.0 summicron. He also omits that the Lx3 almost always wins or ties with the Canon G10 for the best available small sized P&S. He focuses on the complexity and inefficiency of the menu options..valid but surely not up there with IQ and field usability.

I think the Leica form is a little better than the Panasonic and might be worth maybe a few hundred more to me. I bought my daughter the LX3 and paid about $400 .....she has a 5D and plenty of L glass.. But the Lx3 gets taken everywhere and thats the point.

But Sorry Ken s report is a strong opinion based on a few hours with the camera and no serious testing.

Roger

thanks for the tip on the e-p1. i didn't even know about it. here's a preview:

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/olympusep1/

the price seems right. and the features quite something. here's another preview:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/digitalcameras/?p=862

size makes it not a real compact, at least with the zoom lens. and that lens starts slow: 3.5. in my experience you really need 2.0 in lowlight to make a camera completely usable. and the lcd has half the pixels it should have.

and i'm not sure i want to get into the business of buying more lenses!

however, this is definitely an advance.

ps. here's a review that absolutely dishes the d-lux 4!!!

http://kenrockwell.com/leica/d-lux-4.htm