The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I see you!

sizifo

Did you consider getting an older camera? I was a big fan of the Nikon Coolpix 5000 5400. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp5400/. It had a relatively ok viewfinder, the awesome swiveling screen, and a good macro. And the 5400 has raw.
The disadvantage compared to current cameras is definitely the responsiveness, although I didn't think it was that bad at the time.

Only 5 megapixels, but there is something to be said in favor of cramming less pixels onto the sensor. I still very much like the photos from this camera. Could post some examples if you're interested.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks sizifo. I still have my Nikon 990 which at 3 MP still takes a nice photo. Buying used adds another thousand (exaggeration) alternatives to the decision.

[*aside* There was a study awhile ago about buyer's satisfaction that concluded buyers with extremely high expectations were often less happy with their purchases, even though their choice might be considered the "best" available. In fact, some extremely thorough and analytical shoppers became downright depressed when their choices disappointed them in some way. It's winter here, so I need to fend off depression in all its forms. This will hopefully be a rather quick decision.]

Maggie O

[*aside* There was a study awhile ago about buyer's satisfaction that concluded buyers with extremely high expectations were often less happy with their purchases, even though their choice might be considered the "best" available. In fact, some extremely thorough and analytical shoppers became downright depressed when their choices disappointed them in some way.
I think you just described 99% of the posters at the Leica User Forum! :eek:

Thankfully, I'm not one of them. Every day, I get up and am just thrilled to be able to use my M8 and my Voigtländer lenses!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I think you just described 99% of the posters at the Leica User Forum! :eek:

Thankfully, I'm not one of them. Every day, I get up and am just thrilled to be able to use my M8 and my Voigtländer lenses!
Hey, me too! :thumbup:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I still think something is wrong though. See i have this issue every morning when I pack my bags to go shoot a job. I just don't seem to have all that much gear inside my little Domke F803 bag. It just kills me knowing it's in a small bag.

Oh wait it's supposed to be like that.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Lili

Decided to Channel Cindy Sherman a bit and try a self-portrait,

Fuji Finepix S6000fd

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

I love the framing with the bra and breast what is bugging me though is the neckless that the strap crosses over. There is such a nice flow going and that stops it visually.

Guy Mancuso

Okay and damnit i am having a hard time turning the page , okay i admit it been sick for too many weeks. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Lili

I love the framing with the bra and breast what is bugging me though is the neckless that the strap crosses over. There is such a nice flow going and that stops it visually.
Guy, thank you. You mean the fact the cord was twisted or the arrangement of the cord itself?
I can alway reshoot this :)

Guy Mancuso

Tip, I mean this sincerely . Follow your breast line to match your curves. When your doing macro or very tight work , composition is even more key

Guy Mancuso

Actually I think she should do a new series in this area. You can learn a ton by working in close like this. Light and shadow become even more important and composition needs to tighten up. You learn by experimenting. I did lot's of body parts ( clean) when i started out years ago. Look at some of the great nude shooters . There lighting is amazing

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Nice wings! And nice photo as well. I've noticed wings in some of your other photos... is there something special about them for you?

Lili

Gromitspapa, and Guy,
I will start a new series, thanks for the suggestion. This shot was just a case of feelng playful, but I think I want explore more :)

Lili

Nice wings! And nice photo as well. I've noticed wings in some of your other photos... is there something special about them for you?

A lot of my jewelry has a wing motif as you have observed. Much of it is Egyptian inspired.
What can i say, I like to fly?
:)