The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Three for Three today

Lili

My T Quick

Not Quick enough ?
Nope, when first I moved to Dallas I worked just down the street. I used to drop in here and get Gasoline and a Coke on the way in.

The much bigger and fancier place across the street basically buried them.

I like the clerk who alway waited on me, he was sweet, liked blondes, and alway warned me if things were going sideways in the area (it was a VERY rough area back then).

Hope he is ok and doing well...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be in the Fort Worth Area next week babysitting my son while my wife, his fiance and the rest go to a wedding shower in Houston.
I hope to shoot something whilst I am there
-bob

Last edited:

Lili

I'll be in the Fort Worth Area next week babysitting my son while my wife, his fiance and the rest go to a weeding shower in Houston.
I hope to shoot something whilst I am there
-bob
Bob Fort Worth is a nice town, my folks live there, near TCU.
They have an interesting skyline and some lovely parks.
Nice Clubs too ;)

Lili

Gee,
Both actually :)
I do not know what type of photography you do. For Cityscapes one can get nice view from the upper end of Trinity Park.
The Botanic and Japanese gardens are lovely, however the latter freak if they think you're pro (no tripods also).
Here is where small sensor cameras shine, GRD looks like plain p&s ;)
Bars?
They have a ton of Country ones, Irish pubs (Hare and Hound on Montgomery St. may still be there).
New Orleans Nights is or was an upscale Gents Clubs, good to Customers and Staff alike.
Forgive me if my bar knowledge is less than current, when in Cowtown these days I am visiting my folks, who do NOT do bars at all....
For me I am drawn to the rougher areas, urban decay, 'lived-in' looking.
Sadly many of these are going away as Urban Renewal takes effect.
One Bar I worked at is now a Parking lot.
Sigh, I need to shoot that just to have a keepsake.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have shot at the Japanese garden and it was a nice venue. I found that if you get in real early they ignored the tripod. Shot my son and his fiance there for their engagement pictures. (somebody had to do it). The small valleys or gullies if you will were good for holding some shade even into late morning.
I will check out New Orleans Nights and will bring my son since I will be marrying him off at the end of May. It looks like they are still in business, but I will have to check for those ties that I have not worn for the last five years :)
thanks
-bob

Lili

It is now known as Ricks Cabaret, this change must have been recent.
I need to stop by and see if anyone I know is still there....

Lili

Driving into the first signs of Spring

These trees looked barren on Thursday, in the clouds and rain.
Now....