The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Three for Three today

DavidE

David, cool, is Data looking the dried flowers and contemplating mortality?
I didn't think that when I took the photo, but that's how I read the image later on. The flowers were alive but are now dying. The skull is presumably dead. Data is somewhere in-between in the sense that Androids are neither alive nor dead. It was one of those happy accidents where the image had more meaning than I thought when I grabbed the shot.

I thought about titling it -- Data ponders the big existential questions: Life, death, and peeling paint.

DavidE

Here Data fights the Borg for possession of a deserted asteroid. He has enlisted the help of Mrs. Butterworth, who will pummel the Borg collective with heavy hor dourves.

(That's the closest I have for a goth Data photo. I figured the Borg could pass for 24th-century industrial goth.)

thomasl.se

Not driving shots.
Dusty Bunny's new Friend
I like the way Bunny seems to be eyeing him with some alarm
My deskhand could use a nice skinny puppy like that; someone to throw the bad candy at. So, is there a right way to rub it, or just wrong ones?

Last edited:

kai.e.g.

Someone actually WALKING in Dallas!!!!
LOL! I know what you mean. I spent a week in Dallas - more accurately, out near the airport at an infamous hotel we all used to refer to as the "Pink Palace" - on business in the early 1990's. I'd arrived on a weekend, so I decided to go for a walk on my free first day. I should have guessed this wasn't the normal thing to do when I noticed that there were no sidewalks or any other facilities for pedestrians in the area. I walked a couple of miles alongside a busy highway, clambering over shrubs and ditches before eventually finding a large shopping mall in which to pass the time. When I got back to the hotel, the guys at the front desk were fascinated -- "You went WALKING??!! You're lucky someone didn't take a pot-shot at you!". So it was room service and shuttle buses for me the rest of that little jaunt.

Lili

The Gentleman in the Silver Lexus is in a Hurry
A Big Hurry
Weaving in and out of traffic
Tailgating me
Finally Blew by me
Only to get stuck behind a slow driver and a Red Light
I passed him at the Green
He was Not Pleased

Infrastructure

Bars

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Phew.
I am back home, safe and sound, after a week in Fort Worth.
I will leave the driving with Lili pictures to Lili's capable hands
-bob

The Gentleman in the Silver Lexus is in a Hurry
A Big Hurry
Weaving in and out of traffic
Tailgating me
Finally Blew by me
Only to get stuck behind a slow driver and a Red Light
I passed him at the Green
He was Not Pleased
Hehe, this sounds like the normal Swedish driving style.....:confused:

When driving in the US (excepting NYC), I was always struck by the smoothness of the flow, and the "undramatic" behaviour of almost all drivers. Here testosteron rules all the time....:cussing: :angel:

Guess that´s why I don´t have any "snapped-while-driving-shots": Here, it would be too dangerous to even try.....:cry:

Lili

Phew.
I am back home, safe and sound, after a week in Fort Worth.
I will leave the driving with Lili pictures to Lili's capable hands
-bob

Bad experience driving here, Bob?
;)
Did you follow my Advice?

Lili

Hehe, this sounds like the normal Swedish driving style.....:confused:

When driving in the US (excepting NYC), I was always struck by the smoothness of the flow, and the "undramatic" behaviour of almost all drivers. Here testosteron rules all the time....:cussing: :angel:

Guess that´s why I don´t have any "snapped-while-driving-shots": Here, it would be too dangerous to even try.....:cry:
Per, that is scary.
We do have some that drive like that....

We also have very agressive trafiic cops ;)

Lili

Beautiful Bob! :thumbup:

Perhaps that is Lili you've spotted. :bugeyes:

Lili is no cop nor does she fly copters ;)

I do fly sailplanes, however
But they are of limited use in chasing speeders
of course, they'd never hear me coming ;)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I didn't know that you flew sailplanes.
I have a few hours in Grobs, but most of my hours are single engine land.

After some consideration, my son and I spent the day at the Forth Worth Zoo followed by some steaks at Del Friscos.

-bob