The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Three for Three today

Joan

I really like this series, Lili. The atmosphere and sense of place is so strong when you view them all together; you should definitely make a book. Keep 'em coming!

Lili

BTW. working with RAW from the Fuji has taught me great respect for their designers, it is hard to get the images to look as nice as the in-camera jpegs.
Also, Looking at things in higher resolution, the prime in the GRD is incredibly good by comparision.
Plus the smaller camera is far easier to handle while in the car.
Go Ricoh, go!
;)

pollobarca

Lili,
some lovelypictures in this thread-Particularly like the big red truck.
For my work I often have a camera ready to photograph trucks so I can keep the contact info plastered on the back of the truck. Nothing really good though in the way of a photo.

b rgds

paul

Lili

Lili,
some lovelypictures in this thread-Particularly like the big red truck.
For my work I often have a camera ready to photograph trucks so I can keep the contact info plastered on the back of the truck. Nothing really good though in the way of a photo.

b rgds

paul
Paul, Thank you so much :)
I just realized I spend so much time at the wheel, that it really ought to documented!
Cameras like the GRD, GX100 and DP1 are ideal for this.

N

NDSinNY

Drive Time

Inspired by these photos, I thought I'd add a few from my drive to work. GX100, native JPG, reduced 75%, auto enhancement through PSPX. All pix shot through glass for security reasons...

Third picture is home sweet home...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
What country are you in at the moment. If you can't say we understand.

I do like the last image posted though

N

NDSinNY

Drive Time

The pix are from Afghanistan, I was only there for a couple of weeks, but that's the routine..

N

NDSinNY

Home Sweet Home in Color

This is the final pic in its original color...

I'm having to shrink these things to very small proportions to stay under the size limit. Are you guys linking to larger pix that are sitting on URLs to get around that? At a decent size it's an interesting pic, but this small it is blah...

pollobarca

NDSinNY,

looks hairy enough.Think I prefer my drive home.

nice pix.

BTW I use Flickr to link images and embed them,choose large size and paste the link.
Flickr you can upload full size (up to 20mb) image.
b rgds

paul

Last edited:

Lili

Re: Drive Time

Inspired by these photos, I thought I'd add a few from my drive to work. GX100, native JPG, reduced 75%, auto enhancement through PSPX. All pix shot through glass for security reasons...

Third picture is home sweet home...

Wow, your drive is far more Dramatic than mine, great shots :)

helenhill

LiLI
Love your 635 shot /Dark,Moody,& Alone

NDSinNY
You can definately feel tension in the air /Shots 1 & 3 are great

Cheers All ! helen

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: Home Sweet Home in Color

I'm having to shrink these things to very small proportions to stay under the size limit. Are you guys linking to larger pix that are sitting on URLs to get around that? At a decent size it's an interesting pic, but this small it is blah...
Jack has a cool set of actions that he provides in return for a modest donation that helps keep the forum running. From within PS, it will do everything you need to make a .jpg ready to post here (or elsewhere) with the click of a button! IM Jack and he'll set you up.

OR, just set your longest dimension to 900 px (or 750 if you prefer), and with a resolution of 72 dpi in sRGB, you'll be good to go.

Tim

Terry

Re: Home Sweet Home in Color

You can leave the size at 900 pixels and drop the quality level a bit and it will work just fine. I think I am saving them at about 70-80 in Lightroom or the equivalent in Photoshop.