The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tough RAW files in Lightroom

M

Michael Rivers

First, thanks from a newbie who has learned alot over the past month since I was referred here from ReidReviews.

I have had digital experience with a Canon 20D, and more recently a Leica M8, and have had no problems with using Lightroom with these RAW files, but it has been a big change to use Lightroom to develop Ricoh DR 2 files. My goal is to use the Ricoh as a daily camera for B&W images, and have been working to find a preset developer as a starting point. The following are my first choices for Lightroom, but I'm happy to hear about other variations. I know there are othere developers, but I would like to work with Lightroom for now as I have the most experience with this workflow.

Brightness 50
Contrast 25

Clarity 40

Grayscale as preset

Noise reduction
Luminance 50

Sharpening
Amount 50
Radius 0.8
Detail 25
Masking 0

Hope this is helpful to someone, and thanks again.

Michael

Flicker Phots