The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just another flower shot for you...

Don Ellis

... but for us, it's a small triumph on the terrace. We've always had white-and-yellow frangipanis, but Leela has always wanted the less-common pink one.

So she bought what the nurseyman promised was a pink variety, but for two years we've had no way of knowing. It remained small, scraggly, anemic... and considered dying.

But this year saw a new vibrancy and a couple of weeks ago we saw the first tiny maybe-I'll-become-a-flower blooms. Then, two days ago, our first pink flower... and today three.

Taken with the DP2 and a +5 diopter B+W macro lens just before breakfast this morning... click for a larger image...

Don

R

Richard Franiec

Don,

Lovely, like always.
It reminds me of starfish, color and shape.
Definitely DP2 in competent hands can pull a lot of color and details.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Richard

O

Oxide Blu

Don, that is an amazing image. Just looked at it full size -- WOW!!!

Don Ellis

Thank you all for such nice comments. I've come to two realizations with the DP2:

1. Don't judge anything by the LCD. One of the surprises with the DP2 is how nice most images look once you A) get them on the computer monitor, and B) wait for the custom settings in SPP to do their magic.

2. Unlike with other cameras, I almost hate to post small sizes of DP2 images because the full-size images look so much better. This is the first digital camera I've owned that has made me think I should be doing more printing.

Thanks again... your messages are a nice way to start my day.

Don

bbodine9

Don,

A beautiful flower shot. Is this composed with the lcd or the ovf? Thinking about my parallax question to you.

Thanks!