The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rubble

Will

We have some old barns that are being converted to a playhouse and restaurant. A lot of demolition was needed first and all the rubble was crushed on site and put down as a base. I found all the textures and colours from all those old fragments fascinating.

First shot is of the site. All DP1 images with saturation deliberately pushed.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Nice series! I'm a sucker for old beams. I can't help but think about what the world might have been like when they were trees.

Will

Thanks Wayne, glad you enjoyed them.

Lili the light was so sharp that day and there were so many combinations of colours and materials I shot loads of images.

TRS you would have to go back about 300 years to have seen some of these trees growing! These barns were often made from the decommissioned warships so they were already old when the barn was built. English oak is very durable.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
300 years! Amazing.

My own modest barn is built from timbers hewn in 1820. They were large trees at the time, but without the cache of serving in the English Navy.

In pre-revolution days, the State of Maine was famous for its tall, straight trees used for masts by the English Navy. Very little of that old growth still exists today.

Best,
Tim

Lili

Thanks Wayne, glad you enjoyed them.

Lili the light was so sharp that day and there were so many combinations of colours and materials I shot loads of images.

TRS you would have to go back about 300 years to have seen some of these trees growing! These barns were often made from the decommissioned warships so they were already old when the barn was built. English oak is very durable.
I SOooo want to visit the HMS Victory or the Trincomalee.
The USS Constitution was great
Will I have seen low raking light that sharp; you had the proper Tool to depict that not to mention the right Eye

Will

Lili, I went to see The Victory as a child but would love to go there again now knowing a lot more about the period she was active in. I read an interesting book about it recently, Trafalgar, the men, the battle, the storm, by Tim Clayton and Phil Craig. Quite an amazing event.

Meanwhile another image from the rubble site.

pollobarca

Will,Lili,
HMS Victory has a crew.When they go to sea they go on HMS Tiger, well they did
in the First World War. My grandad was on the Victory .When they went to Jutland HMS Tiger was shelled and grandad was badly wounded. He got through the war ok,as did HMS Tiger .He was sent to Neasden to shoot at zeppelins (successfully too), but he was weakened at Jutland and died young when my dad was 5.
Victory is well worth a visit . For me its special.
Bit of family history, Hope you dont mind..
rgds

paul