The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Infrared Bali

Don Ellis

I was searching for a photo on a backup hard drive I hadn’t looked at in a year, and while I didn’t find it, I was pleasantly side-tracked by some infrared images I took in Bali four years ago and had forgotten about.

These four were taken with a modified Canon G1 and a B+W 093 infrared filter. For those unfamiliar with B+W, it’s a brand, not “black-and-white” – although in this case it’s both. The landscape photos are f/4 at 1/320s and "Betsy" is 1/100s... all at ISO50.

Click on images for full-size images (all less than 1MB – it’s a 3-megapixel camera, after all):

Don

Last edited:

Don Libby

Don these images are just great. You're making it very difficult for me as I really want to start doing more IR.

Don

Don Ellis

Don these images are just great. You're making it very difficult for me as I really want to start doing more IR.
Don
That's very kind... thank you.

Life has a habit of being contrary. I was just looking at my three infrared cameras the other day -- two G1s and a Pro 1 -- and thinking, If I'm not going to use these, I really should sell them.

Then I tripped over these images yesterday and found myself thinking I should take them out again. :)

I guess I will when the DP2 becomes another camera in the bag. They certainly can produce some striking images.

Don