Site Sponsors

Thread: Infrared Bali

Post Thanks / Like

Infrared Bali

I was searching for a photo on a backup hard drive I hadn’t looked at in a year, and while I didn’t find it, I was pleasantly side-tracked by some infrared images I took in Bali four years ago and had forgotten about.

These four were taken with a modified Canon G1 and a B+W 093 infrared filter. For those unfamiliar with B+W, it’s a brand, not “black-and-white” – although in this case it’s both. The landscape photos are f/4 at 1/320s and "Betsy" is 1/100s... all at ISO50.

Click on images for full-size images (all less than 1MB – it’s a 3-megapixel camera, after all):

Don
    Last edited by Don Ellis; 20th July 2009 at 21:24. Reason: Added Betsy...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Infrared Bali

Don these images are just great. You're making it very difficult for me as I really want to start doing more IR.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Infrared Bali

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Creek View Post
    Don these images are just great. You're making it very difficult for me as I really want to start doing more IR.
    Don
    That's very kind... thank you.

Life has a habit of being contrary. I was just looking at my three infrared cameras the other day -- two G1s and a Pro 1 -- and thinking, If I'm not going to use these, I really should sell them.

Then I tripped over these images yesterday and found myself thinking I should take them out again.

I guess I will when the DP2 becomes another camera in the bag. They certainly can produce some striking images.

Don