The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Project/Resolution

Lili

Straight jpeg from camera, remarkable! Not a High Art shot, but in capturing the lighting perfectly and in deep focus; it is really quite lovely
Spending the next two weeks shooting only with my Fuji S6000fd. It perfoms very well indeed for a small sensor camera, and is versatile/familiar enough to allow me to focus on images and not equipment.
Nothing against my other cameras at all.
I just know the Fuji very very well.
Plus I've often thought that with the compact F60fd and S6000fd alone I could do 80-90% of my shots with no noticeable loss in IQ.
So I've decided to put this concept to the test.
Here is one more from today, this one cropped and exposure adjusted in Silkypix...

S6000fd

Last edited:

Lili

Today I drove through some of the back roads in Dallas, places where folks work quietly in the back ground
Behind blank walls

Or brightly painted ones

Some walls front Empty Places, that set out lures in hopes of attracting someone

And fleeting ones of fabric and plastic; holding empty dreams

S6000fd

smokysun

yes, lili, some of this new stuff is making me treasure the cameras i have. that f6000 has a lot to offer: zoom, super micro, lowlight iso's, raw, and so on.

i have been looking a lot at the ep1 stuff. it has image stabilization and faster write times. but...the sensor is smaller than the dp1 and the pixel density three times the dp1. this is why the dp1 pics have the depth of detail of a dslr. also i read at

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/EP1/EP1A.HTM

its focus seems to be as slow as the dp1.

anyway, i'm becoming very cautious. i'd like to take better pictures and the cameras i have have all proved stunning in the right hands.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. i do think you'd love the detail of a dp1. if you can afford it, shooter's got a good deal! grab it before he changes his mind.

Lili

Thanks Wayne,
Yes the new flood of gear is abit overwhelming, thats why I wanted to get back to image-making.
Don is selling his DP-1?
Couldn't find anything about it here.....

smokysun

here's a sample from today. 126% crop from using the sigma close-up lens. contrast increased. a bit of neat image (this from the raw at 400 iso) and a tiny bit of sharpening.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

Lili

Otumay, thank you! I find myself involving narrative more and more in my work.

Robert, thanks awfully

HUGZ to you both

Lili

Today I walked a bit on the former-and-still-somewhat-prairie that is Frisco
People built roads and laid in fire protection for Buildings that are not yet there

But things change fast in Texas Skies

Despite the Storm there is still Hope

S6000fd

O

Oxide Blu

Blown highlights. That and loss of detail in the shadows is what I look for a proper exposure. Seems to be more acceptable with digital photography than it is with film. And yes, I know, often you don't the luxury of compressed lighting range, but in this image I think all of the fuzzy looking thingies should have full detail and color, not white.

Your first image is just beautiful -- wonderful exposure! And I like the fire hydrant pic. Nice details in the clouds.

Lili

Blown highlights. That and loss of detail in the shadows is what I look for a proper exposure. Seems to be more acceptable with digital photography than it is with film. And yes, I know, often you don't the luxury of compressed lighting range, but in this image I think all of the fuzzy looking thingies should have full detail and color, not white.

Your first image is just beautiful -- wonderful exposure! And I like the fire hydrant pic. Nice details in the clouds.
Thanks Oxide, as to the blown white things, I changed the contrast center and gamma to make them sparkle more, this darkened the shadows a bit.
Here is the uncropped image as seen straight from the camera

The tails are indeed very bright, and the shadows deep still.
But they are not blown here :)
That was my doing ;)

Lili

F60fd, my little Fuji

Too exhausted today for narrative series,
sleeping now, more tomorrow