The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sagebrush country

smokysun

alas, don, i'm reminded of the famous story about rodin. he showed a sculpted figure to various people; and when each person walked in, they gasped for air and said, 'what incredible hands.' he chopped the hands off so people would look at the rest!

well, instead of chopping off the sky, i'll give you another couple from the same walk. pardon the smoke on the horizon. this is high fire season.

and i've posted the whole series at www.pbase.com/wwp/sage

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wayne,

It's still the first one....they are all interesting but the first one is like seeing for the last time......

It's a real Wayne- o -graph...

No, it´s the last one (of the first bunch), I say....

It´s like one of the last Edward Westons, but in muted, harmonious colours.

Would be something to meditate in front of.

smokysun

thanks, don, shirokuro, per,

guess that's why i like doing a lot of different things. people attracted to contrasting images. and each evaluation seems on some level true. yes, ultimately, i think of the best paintings and photos being an object of meditation, slowing us down, and taking us to the true center of ourselves and the world!

best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wayne
A good photographer has the ability to show some of his/her self in an image.
But, more important, allows the viewer to see something of their self
in the image.