The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Caretaker

Lili

Lovely protrait, Don. You really make small sensor camera sing here. You isolate the subject nicely with selective focus and the colors lovely.
This shot would not be out of place in the Pages of National Geographic!

Don Ellis

Lovely protrait, Don. You really make small sensor camera sing here. You isolate the subject nicely with selective focus and the colors lovely.
This shot would not be out of place in the Pages of National Geographic!
Really too kind, Lili... thank you... very generous. It's hard not to take a good photo of many of these hill people; they have so much character (possibly hardship) in their faces. And I owe a lot of the subject isolation to the Pro 1's larger sensor and the fact that there's some real separation between the man and the treeline.

Cheers,
Don

Don Ellis

Marvelous shot, Don. I assume it was taken with DP-2.
Thank you... very nice of you to comment. One of the side benefits of reading such nice comments is that it helps me pare down good shots from mediocre shots... which, considering the number of photos I took on this three-week trip, is a blessing.

The camera is a Pro1 with the shooting details under the photo.

Cheers,
Don