The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dallas

Lili

These are not driving shots, so a new thread ;)

Wings over Bachman Lake
S6000fd

Last edited:

helenhill

These are Great !
I especially lIke the Bull ready to take charge of his City
(I"ve got two Pugs / the boys name is Bull, so must be a soft spot & the girl is Lulubelle)
The Red Unicorn
looks dynamite against the Blue Skyscrapper
Cheers- helen

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
These are Great !
(I"ve got two Pugs / the boys name is Bull, so must be a soft spot & the girl is Lulubelle)
The Red Unicorn
Cheers- helen
Oh no, we have no Red Unicorn in Dallas we have a Red Pegasus.

"In 1934, the Magnolia Petroleum Company, predecessor to Mobil Oil, erected a large oil derrick on the roof of the city's first skyscraper, which was billed the tallest building south of Washington D.C. and west of the Mississippi. The derrick supported two 35-by-50-foot red neon signs that formed the image of a Pegasus, a mythological Flying Red Horse that was once the company's corporate logo and has since become a treasured landmark of the Texan city." :lecture:

Lili

These are Great !
The Red Unicorn
Cheers- helen
Thanks Helen :)

Nice to see you managed to get out of that car....:rolleyes:

Seriously, these are good, and still recognizably your style.

The bird and the plane (which looks like it opens its mouth to swallow the bird).

That bull, so absolutely out of place, charging at nothing and everything.

The flaming pegasus; I much prefer the second version, with the rider (seeing it escape from him, no doubt).

Thanks for sharing!

Lili

Oh no, we have no Red Unicorn in Dallas we have a Red Pegasus.

"In 1934, the Magnolia Petroleum Company, predecessor to Mobil Oil, erected a large oil derrick on the roof of the city's first skyscraper, which was billed the tallest building south of Washington D.C. and west of the Mississippi. The derrick supported two 35-by-50-foot red neon signs that formed the image of a Pegasus, a mythological Flying Red Horse that was once the company's corporate logo and has since become a treasured landmark of the Texan city." :lecture:
Johnastovall, good researching!

Lili

Nice to see you managed to get out of that car....:rolleyes:

Seriously, these are good, and still recognizably your style.

The bird and the plane (which looks like it opens its mouth to swallow the bird).

That bull, so absolutely out of place, charging at nothing and everything.

The flaming pegasus; I much prefer the second version, with the rider (seeing it escape from him, no doubt).

Thanks for sharing!
Per Ofverbeck, thanks so much :) I appreciate your input/analysis of the rider and the Pegasus, it suggests a new title I will have to think a bit more on :)

P

Player

Lili, after looking at your pictures for a couple days, I just want to say that I really like how you are arranging the elements in your compositions. Very thoughtful!

Lili

I some times wear the hat of a regional grass roots historian.
I can tell :)

One thing in working with the Public, esp in the Bar world, I loved listening to the stories about times past, oral history esp from our older clients.
Things that never made into the books, but are fascinating nonetheless

jonoslack

Hi Lili
I think they're all fine - I think the Bull has the most impact, but it's the wings which tickles my fancy.