The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

water melon of HKD9999

pollobarca

Thats 90 euro. I saw the square ones one time in Nagoya, tied up with a silk ribbon at about 150 euro each. But are they good to eat too? This year in Italy we've had some good melons so far. Not pretty but good to eat! Cost of 15 eu cents per kilo.

The normal ones , in your photo on flickr, at 9 euro each are just expensive. But I dont suppose there are many melon patches in HK!

All the best

paul

Don Ellis

Those are too cute, but "Are they good to eat?" is a question I'm never going to be able to answer. :) Thanks for the photo... I don't recognize the ceiling... where is that?

Don

P.S. The "Edit" feature is timed... after a while, it disappears.

MHC

Thanks Don. I didn't notice the edit button is timed.

It's a supermarket in Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong.

These melons are edible and should be tasted more or less the same as normal ones. Just wondering who is willing to pay 10k for a water melon. I think they're mainly for advertising purpose...

a close up

Don Ellis

That is great... too funny... and, yes, I can see what you mean about advertising (since that's what I do for a living). :) And they're clever enough not to price them at a very common $8888.

I haven't been to Festival Walk in some time now... that is one huge mall, though. Here's a photo I took several years ago... nothing brilliant, but it does have a lot of escalators. Looking at it again, it must have been with the G2... I should probably go over there again with the G9 and the wide-angle.

Thanks for the close-up and the information.
Don