The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Darjeeling Girls

trisberg

Beautiful shots Don. I really enjoy this series of shots and also others you have posted from Darjeeling. Looks like you had some great light during your visit.

-Thomas

D

ddk

These are gorgeous Don, why did you wait so long to post them?

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Don,
The last one is a knockout...for many reasons...but
I know you did it with the DP-2...or the DP-1....

shhhhhh, I won't tell anyone....
Don

Don Ellis

Beautiful shots Don. I really enjoy this series of shots and also others you have posted from Darjeeling. Looks like you had some great light during your visit.
Thank you, Thomas. It is a great place with great light (it's a hill station, after all, so a little closer to the sun :)).

We really enjoy Darjeeling... I wouldn't be surprised if we return some day.

Don

Don Ellis

These are gorgeous Don, why did you wait so long to post them?
Uh, no excuse, SIR! :D

Well, I could come up with lots of excuses, but you wouldn't want to hear them. Thanks for the lovely comment... you've urged me onward. :)

Don

Don Ellis

Don,
The last one is a knockout...for many reasons...but
I know you did it with the DP-2...or the DP-1....

shhhhhh, I won't tell anyone....
Don
Good, the secret's safe... as Richard Franiec mentioned in another thread, nothing really equalled the Pro 1 until the DP1 and DP2 came along. Looking at all these, I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't put my G9 on the shelf and take down the Pro 1 again (besides the DP2, of course).

Thanks for the nice comment... for that, I'll show you the other two I took of that girl... the last one is her and her grandmother walking down the path into their valley and home...

D

D upton-Hackett.

They live right on the edge, must be a hard life.

Cool pics though.

Derek.

Don Ellis

They live right on the edge, must be a hard life.
Cool pics though.
Derek.
Yes, indeed, hard life... but I think one thing that photography is good for is documenting other people's lives. Even now I look at these and think how fortunate I am to have life so easy (said as I'm sitting in my air-conditioned home office on one of the hottest days of the year). As much as I like computers, if it came down to a choice between computers and air-conditioning, I'd have to give that a lot of thought. :)

Cheers,
Don