The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sunspotting and moonlighting

D

ddk

Very interesting concepts Wayne, 1, 2 & 4 my favorites. :thumbup:

5 & 6 have potential but are too dark right now, of course that's just my opinion...

pollobarca

Lovely images Wayne, really like the first one. The last one too is extraordinary.
Did Sigma realise someone like you would get one of their cameras and use it this way?

b rgds
paul

PS - you, don and the others here with their sigmas are selling a bundle of cameras...

smokysun

thanks, david. trouble with moonlight shots is if you lighten them too much they lose their mystery.

ah, paul, i used the leica d-lux 2 for a year, getting one of the first. thousands of hits because it was new. probably sold a lot for leica. they never said a thing!

i have discovered some bad news for dp1 owners. my used from keh has two dust spots in the blue sky (only shows up there). did research on the sigma forum and it's a fairly common problem. sigma only cleans them in japan and if you're out of warranty it's 200 dollars and a long wait. that said, the spots easily fixed with the healing brush. and there may be a way in lightroom to fix them all in a swoop. (does anybody know?)

people who took the dp1 apart reported lots little plastic bits, shimmies, and so on.

okay, the good news. these cameras comparatively cheap, especially compared to film processing. the d-lux 2 and my fuji 31fd both got dust on their sensors. turns out, probably all compacts vulnerable. you can live with it or go to a dslr.

i'm just so happy using the dp1. i pulled out my smallest dslr today and i hated handling it. i like reducing things to the smallest. and the compacts just get better. and soon the good ones will be a lot cheaper (competition).

practiced more today cause i just can't help picking it up.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. i'd love it if sigma found out and gave me some perks! fat chance.

pss. lots of ways to reduce the dust chances, now that you know: uv filter, half case, not leaving it on the dash as you drive up a dirt road. and if it does fall apart, buy another one.

Last edited: