Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

  1. #1
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    A rare sunny winter afternoon and a brand new Ricoh GRD2 was sufficient to get me to the other side of the Bosphorus. I wish I did shoot with -0,3 exp comp. though.

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Otumay
    Nice harbor and Mosque shots.
    In the second shot, what is that little Island?

  3. #3
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Otumay
    Nice harbor and Mosque shots.
    In the second shot, what is that little Island?
    Thanks. The little island is called Leandros' Tower. It dates from the Byzantine period.

  4. #4
    Senior Subscriber Member Mike Hatam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    236

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Great shots! The GRD2 certainly produces some nice tonality for B&W.
    Mike Hatam
    Sony A99, RX1, RX100

  5. #5
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Smile Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Quote Originally Posted by hatam View Post
    Great shots! The GRD2 certainly produces some nice tonality for B&W.
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    Osman

  6. #6
    Senior Member Robert Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Istanbul is the most wondeful city: but which is the other side of the Bosphorus you refer to?
    Sláinte

    Robert.

  7. #7
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Campbell View Post
    Istanbul is the most wondeful city: but which is the other side of the Bosphorus you refer to?
    Good question: I live on the European side, and Scutari is on the Asian side. I agree, I'm lucky to live here (though I travel a lot).
    Thanks,
    Osman

  8. #8
    Senior Member Robert Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Good question: I live on the European side, and Scutari is on the Asian side. I agree, I'm lucky to live here (though I travel a lot).
    Thanks,
    Osman
    We've been there three times so far, always enjoyed it a lot! But never explored the Asian side - the bus took us over the bridge once, but we didn't stop. I rather fancy living in a yali, though. And the food!
    Sláinte

    Robert.

  9. #9
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Campbell View Post
    We've been there three times so far, always enjoyed it a lot! But never explored the Asian side - the bus took us over the bridge once, but we didn't stop. I rather fancy living in a yali, though. And the food!
    Aside from residential areas, the Asian side also boasts some very important historical sites, of which Scutari (Uskudar) is a good example. Living in a yali (a mansion on the Bosphorus) is indeed a dream. As for the food, well, it may suffice to say that I'm on a constant diet just to keep my weight constant!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Robert Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    As for the food, well, it may suffice to say that I'm on a constant diet just to keep my weight constant!
    Why would you want to diet on turkish food? I'm feeling hungry just thinking about it!
    Sláinte

    Robert.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Cindy Flood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    118

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    I just keep being drawn back to #1 and the wonderful black and white tones. I would like to see it corrected for perspective, but that is just me. Beautiful work.I hope that you post more.

  12. #12
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Flood View Post
    I just keep being drawn back to #1 and the wonderful black and white tones. I would like to see it corrected for perspective, but that is just me. Beautiful work.I hope that you post more.
    Thank you very much. I, too, prefer to see buildings in a proper perspective. That is why I still use my Kodak SLR/n, as it was the only full-frame digital camera for Nikon F-mount lenses until Nikon D3 came up. I must have a zillion shots of the wonderful historical places in my city. To tell the truth, I never took these small sensors seriously until I met Ricoh GR-DII.

    I'll see what I can do about posting mosques and such in correct perspective. I guess I shall have to post them in the Nikon forum.

    Best regards
    Osman

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •