The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street Band

otumay

Fresh from the streets with DP-1. No post-processing, just RAW conversion in Sigma PhotoPro. The guy playing the guitar somehow reminded me of Frank Zappa...
Best,
Osman

Tim

Yes osman, I like this, its a really good street image. Quite and intersting bunch this, very colourful personalities.

I often find the auto setting on SPP yields ok results.

otumay

Thank you for your positive feedback, Wayne and Tim. I used the auto setting in SPP more frequently at first, but now try to investigate the full potential of the camera by manual adjustments: Though DP-1's dynamic range is not phenomenal, its capacity to bring out subtle shades of colours in over- and under-exposed areas seems to me rewarding. The trade-off is loss of contrast and sometimes, unnatural colors.
As for the interesting people in the shot, my office is on the Istiklal Avenue, the cultural artery of Istanbul and scenes like this always seem to pop up.
Best,
Osman

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Good one! Easy, gentle colors. And for what it's worth, all the guys except the one seated remind me of Frank Zappa. :)