The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A850/900, what raw converter?

francishmt

Just wondering what most users use as their raw converter to get those great skin tone and colours. I have both C1 and LR, and am leaning towards using C1.

What are your thoughts? Any specific settings in C1 to get the better colour?

picman

Just wondering what most users use as their raw converter to get those great skin tone and colours. I have both C1 and LR, and am leaning towards using C1.

What are your thoughts? Any specific settings in C1 to get the better colour?
I use C1 as raw converter and I use LR for slideshows. There are many ICC profiles included in C1 and some may suit your personal taste better than others even if they are generic to another brand of camera than Sony. I'd suggest browsing through them. Some are completely off but others may give a bit more of a natural coloring (less reddish-magenta) than the generic A900 one. However, for nature photography I've never had a real problem with the generic setting. Skin tones may be better with a more neutral setting though.

I really love C1 because it renders photos so well on screen and it is a breeze to get the right settings. It does lack a few things though, noticeably a dust-tool.

Cheers, Bob.