Site Sponsors

Thread: Sony A850/900, what raw converter?

Post Thanks / Like

Sony A850/900, what raw converter?

Just wondering what most users use as their raw converter to get those great skin tone and colours. I have both C1 and LR, and am leaning towards using C1.

What are your thoughts? Any specific settings in C1 to get the better colour?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sony A850/900, what raw converter?

Quote Originally Posted by francishmt View Post
    Just wondering what most users use as their raw converter to get those great skin tone and colours. I have both C1 and LR, and am leaning towards using C1.

What are your thoughts? Any specific settings in C1 to get the better colour?
    I use C1 as raw converter and I use LR for slideshows. There are many ICC profiles included in C1 and some may suit your personal taste better than others even if they are generic to another brand of camera than Sony. I'd suggest browsing through them. Some are completely off but others may give a bit more of a natural coloring (less reddish-magenta) than the generic A900 one. However, for nature photography I've never had a real problem with the generic setting. Skin tones may be better with a more neutral setting though.

I really love C1 because it renders photos so well on screen and it is a breeze to get the right settings. It does lack a few things though, noticeably a dust-tool.

Cheers, Bob.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Sony A850/900, what raw converter?

I've used a bunch of converters, but I always come back to C1. Thomas made a quick profile for the A900 that gets rid of the magenta issue. Go here:

http://forums.getdpi.com/forum/showt...484#post135484