Site Sponsors

Thread: Help with manual lenses on Sony a850

Post Thanks / Like

Help with manual lenses on Sony a850

Hello! I bought an adapter for an old Zuiko 50 1.4 lens and want to use it on my Sony a850. The adapter mounts fine. There are no electrical contacts so the camera thinks there is no lens attached and will not fire the shutter. I can not find out how to disable/enable that function in the menu settings. I read on internet blogs that it is easily done with other Sony cameras. Perhaps this can not be done on the new a850? thanks -rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Help with manual lenses on Sony a850

The last Sony camera that was able to disable this was the A700. You will have to shoot in M mode if you use a lens without the lens contacts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with manual lenses on Sony a850

On older Sony cameras there was a menu option to choose "Release without Lens" - Y/N option, unfortunately, it is not available on A850/A900.
    You can, however, put the camera in full manual mode and it should ignore the presence of manual lens. You can use the builtin meter but no A mode or S mode, and stop down metering only.

You can "chip" the adaptor or use a chipped adaptor (search the threads here for more)

Cheers,

N
    A and E mount Too many lenses.