The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony a900 WA Lens Option Advise Please :-)

wayne_s

When I can I use liveview to help me get sharp focus with all my MF lenses especially in low light. I hope sony puts liveview in its next FF camera.
The Rokkor 58's killer combination of great sharpness wideopen and smooth bokeh reminds of the za 135.

gsking

When I can I use liveview to help me get sharp focus with all my MF lenses especially in low light. I hope sony puts liveview in its next FF camera.
The Rokkor 58's killer combination of great sharpness wideopen and smooth bokeh reminds of the za 135.
Damn you...you just made me keep my 58 1.2 AND get in the market for a new camera with liveview. ;)

Focusing that thing, even with focus confirmation, is near impossible. But your idea seems to have a lot of promise.

Greg

KETCH ROSSI

Okay after this last few days, I had to play with the camera and all CA lenses, my absolute favorite is the 135, spectacular lens, second to that is the 85, but the 24-70 did not produce such a bad images as some samples shown in reviews were the Bokeh of this lens at the long end (70) brings double edged out of focus detail, the 16-35 is to my opinion much better built then the 24-70, just by the simple fact that it has a IF system and that to me is huge as I don't like lenses that extend during zooming, for those very few times when I use a zoom, as I do shoot 90% of the time with Prime, both in Cinema and in Photography.

Unfortunately because I have not found a solution to an other large need, of shooting up to 1/8000 with synchronized flash for HSS, I have to pass on the move to the Sony, and go back to Canon, hopefully their new 1D IV will come out free of any Focus issues :D

I was going to upload the pictures, but since I will not come to use the camera for the lack of Sync possibility for HSS in Radio wireless triggering system such as that offered by the TT1/TT5 combination on Canon. I found no need to do the extra work, I must however say that the images of the a900 look better then any other system I used, right off the camera, and yes any other RAW image can be tricked to match and better the SOny IQ, but it is certainly nice to have a camera maker that brings such a great IQ from the start.

Well, best of luck to you. Please come back after you've had some time with the new gear and post some pics and details of the new system.