The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Article with Sony reviewed for weddings

fotografz

Jeeze, I forgot that some of you wanted me to post a link to an article I was asked to write for the Photo.net Wedding Forum.

Of interest here perhaps because I tout the Sony for serious event work ... on a very well visited site. Maybe if we can get more sales going Sony's way they will get it in gear and bring us some more new Zeiss lenses ... and that Big Boy camera :salute:

http://photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/00V98v

(Sorry for the length, they wanted a lot of stuff, including some history that lead to my opinions ... but I tried to make it a decent read).

dhsimmonds

Marc, I have just thoroughly enjoyed reading your article. I am not a wedding photographer but many of your observations and advice are applicable to other types of shooting, so well done and thank you for posting the link.:thumbs:

dhsimmonds

Thanks Quino, they do some really nice hook-ups for Sony (and other brands).

However I noted that the A900 wasn't mentioned per se, but the A700 was. The flash set up for A700 and A900 is the same I think, is that correct?

You are welcome.

Dave, I know nothing about the a700, but I use the Following setup on my a900 without any problem:

1 Sony FA-HS1AM adapter + 1 PW II tranceiver on camera. Three Sony 58s, each one hooked to a PW II by the Flashzebra cable linked above

jlm

Workshop Member
just received a few tidbits from Flash zebra. great service...to be recommended.

I got kits to add mini-sockets to my three 580EX flashes! also a few tiny cords to hook pocket wizards directly to the 580.. previously was using a flash-shoe with dangling pc cord doo-dad and a pc to mini adapter. new bits work great.

also a cable/adapter to use the sony 58 off-camera (sony camera)

P

panyawong

Jeeze, I forgot that some of you wanted me to post a link to an article I was asked to write for the Photo.net Wedding Forum.

Of interest here perhaps because I tout the Sony for serious event work ... on a very well visited site. Maybe if we can get more sales going Sony's way they will get it in gear and bring us some more new Zeiss lenses ... and that Big Boy camera :salute:

http://photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/00V98v

(Sorry for the length, they wanted a lot of stuff, including some history that lead to my opinions ... but I tried to make it a decent read).

Congratulations on your well written article Marc.