The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

minolta 28 2.8

J

Jamesmd

Hi all.

Today a found a Min 28 2.8 , brand new in a store I don't usually go to in the center of Madrid . and I couldn't resist buying it .

Its absolutely great ! ,

I'm not an expert or professional , but I would say it is as good as any of the new lenses , it reminds me a lot to my leica lenses .

This happened to me too with the 35-70 4. I have .

for some reason I prefer old lenses ( it was the same with leica ) to new ones .

there was a minolta 24 -85 too . I think i might go for it .

cheers

J

Jamesmd

just a quick sample before I go to mum's for dinner :thumbup::thumbup:

colors are so natural with minolta lenses and sony .

merry christmas folks !!!

min 28 at f4 100 iso

Last edited:
S

Shelby Lewis

I always struggled with the sony version of this lens... there were times that the 28/2.8 really worked well, but other times (especially in wedding work) the edges at wider apertures really suffered.

I actually couldn't sell mine when I left sony, lol... but now that I'm about to come back, I'm glad I have it. It's cheap and quite usable.

... but (my copy) zeiss it's not. :D I'll see if I can find some shots to post a bit later.

J

Jamesmd

hi , yesssss , best present!!!
I'll send some later
here are a couple ,

first one is only to showoff turkeys :D

Last edited:
J

Jamesmd

one more , tomorrow I'm going out for the day , I hope I'll bring some propper shots:(

Last edited:
G

gatay

i've in the same situiation.
and i think your decieced is right!
congrat!