Site Sponsors

Thread: 35mm f1.4 edges

Post Thanks / Like

35mm f1.4 edges

Some people have been asking how this lens performs at the edges. Well, I was at the beach this weekend and I took a snapshot from my hotel room of the hotel grounds. I uploaded the picture to Zenfolio in original size as a jpg and made it accessible for download. It was shot at ISO 200 1/800 hand held at f5.6. Again, just a snap shot but there is stuff there to dig into if you want.

http://www.jorgetorralba.com/p323071...cd67#h2fcfcd67

just hover over the photo and a menu will come up where yo can download the original.

The focus area was near the white chair in the center.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 35mm f1.4 edges

Not bad in my opinion. The thing I noticed though is that red fringing around the white chair and other white areas but it should be easy enough to remove in post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Interesting set of images Jorge, but why the change from the A900 to the A850?
    Cheers, Dave
    www.simmondsphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

i was going to buy something else. however, i found myself missing the sony and the only camera they had on my spontaneous trip to the camera store was the 850. So, now I have an 850. And quite honestly, I cannot tell the difference between it and the 900

Post Thanks / Like

There's an interesting and recent thread about this lens over at Dyxum:

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/i-love-t...opic58677.html

Last week I tried this lens at a Demo-day for Sony users. I'm tempted to buy it because of the 'painterly' look it renders. Here are two quick snaps to see how it handled the contrast. Ah yes, flare... But still...

1000 ISO F2.0 (portrait) and F1.4 (landscape)

tombanz10

You have captured these photos in nice contrast. I have noticed that The sunlight were being piped in the window, So It was difficult to captured the photos in that mode. But I liked your job. I wish that You will come with some new photos with sharp result.