The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony NEX5 official release next week!

Rawfa

There were some samples and a review on Digital Photography School. It was taken off, but the people who got to read/see it were blown away by the IQ.

arashm

d**M
that ISO 12800 (if true) is pretty interesting looking.
That body looks really tin to hold a APS-C sensor, but I guess it will be confirmed Tomorrow.
very interesting non the less.
am

G

grum

It's really fugly and the lens looks huge. Still seems good though - the high ISO performance is impressive.

Ben Rubinstein

Huge lens, how is there going to be an accessory hot shoe or accessory flash if there is no hot shoe?

The form factor looks like a p&s but with a lens whose diamater is 62mm, I think the size of the camera may be larger than it looks with its p&s look...

V

Vivek

I will buy one of these (as with the NX10) but this time I will wait until the EVF shows up and I want to see if it is like the Pana one or "super sharp" like those of Oly or Sams- showing pixels and not the info.

If the price is ~300 Euros for the body, I will buy one even if it would have crappy (optional) EVF.

Sony ought to be congratulated for bringing this one out!:thumbs:

dhsimmonds

An interesting concept but not a replacement for the A700. Stunning low light perormance...........this could auger well for future Alpha series replacements.

I can't quite imagine my ZA lenses on this little cam though!

Amin

Impressively small bodies. Looks like a strong entry by Sony, all the more so if they bring out a good add-on EVF. Good to see this mirrorless interchangeable lens category heating up!

Terry

It is a shame that Alpha mount lenses all become manual focus. I was thinking I would give the camera a try with the pancake and my 24-105 Minolta lens. The 24-105 is really small. I will probably still get one of these to try it out.

In the imaging resource hands on they discussed the placement of the strap lugs which I found interesting that the camera is meant to be "worn" lens down. Hopefully it won't make it too strange to hold.

I do also worry about the user interface which is said to be a bit strange. All that and i will still give it a go. If it were only memory stick it would be a no go so thank you Sony for this small favor.