The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX5 vs Pentax KX: high iso

Amin

It's tough to get much out of a single small crop comparison of processed files, but in that comparison the Kx looks better to me. By comparison, the NEX 5 crop shows excessive smoothing and drab colors. As far as detail relative to noise, they are close, but the Kx crop looks better.

Martin S

The NEX5 looks cleaner with less blockyness. Colors appear about the same, and the detail in the Hops is quite good in the NEX5. So, apparently, the noise reduction is not removing much detail.

I agree that any internet image is hard to compare to another internet image. Too many variables, and compression induced effects.

But, overall, not a bad performance for the NEX5.

I am getting that feeling about it calling my name, and that usually means some bent plastic!!

BTW which lens was used?? I am leaning towards the 16mm. Hopefully, they will offer an EVF.

Martin