Site Sponsors

Thread: NEX5 vs Pentax KX: high iso

Post Thanks / Like

NEX5 vs Pentax KX: high iso

This is really interesting. I've had the Pentax KX with me for a day sometime ago and I've the camera to be REALLY amazing when it comes to high iso and dynamic range...so I'm a bit surprised about the results of this comparison:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=35316092

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEX5 vs Pentax KX: high iso

It's tough to get much out of a single small crop comparison of processed files, but in that comparison the Kx looks better to me. By comparison, the NEX 5 crop shows excessive smoothing and drab colors. As far as detail relative to noise, they are close, but the Kx crop looks better.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe its my monitor, but the Nex on the right looks better to me than the Kx.

Post Thanks / Like

The NEX5 looks cleaner with less blockyness. Colors appear about the same, and the detail in the Hops is quite good in the NEX5. So, apparently, the noise reduction is not removing much detail.

I agree that any internet image is hard to compare to another internet image. Too many variables, and compression induced effects.

But, overall, not a bad performance for the NEX5.

I am getting that feeling about it calling my name, and that usually means some bent plastic!!

BTW which lens was used?? I am leaning towards the 16mm. Hopefully, they will offer an EVF.

Martin