The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looks like the NEX needs some new firmware

V

Vivek

Assuming it wasn't tongue in cheek--- Apple's mp3 player. The older ones like Classic use a click dial

Genuine question, Diane. Thanks for explaining the relevance of it to NEX interface as well.

I do not own/use iPods.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
MR did mention that you could 'scroll' through those 28 clicks (this is what an iPod user would do). No direct 'Format" control? Now that really is a PITA!

V

Vivek

. No direct 'Format" control? Now that really is a PITA!
Least of the worries, Kit. :ROTFL:

There is no direct access to anything that is useful. In fact, if I have found a way to access something after some clicks (and several tries), I am totally lost the next time I want to bring up that function. The NEX3/5 are not really cameras. Consider them as APS-C digital backs.

There is a one button video function though.....

V

Vivek

Kit, I am very orthodox when it comes to certain things. Cameras and lenses are included in that category. A viewfinder (EVF) would have made the NEX very useful.

Hopefully (fingers crossed), we will have a NEX-7&9 soon that would also add a few buttons so that one can change trivial things that are important for snaps like ISO and such fairly easily.

V

Vivek

Most of the time I don't even have one...:ROTFL:

..and for the life of me, I can't even see...can't use the half tilt LCD in daylight even to compose (forget focusing or searching for ISO or other settings). :eek:

barjohn

Vivek are you setting the LCD display to "Sunny Weather"? I don't have any problem with it and it is the only one. It was very bright and sunny in Newport Beach on Saturday with no clouds in the sky and it worked just fine. I was even wearing prescription polarized sun glasses (it was bright and hot for Newport at 77F).

V

Vivek

John, I am stumped. Where (NEX-5) would I find "Sunny Weather" setting for the LCD?

Terry

In the setup menu there is an option curiously called "LCD Brightness" push the button and there are three choices auto, manual, sunny.

V

Vivek

Thanks, again.:)

I had found it in the beginning and when I saw "Auto", i thought that was the end of the road (after so many button pushes). It did not occur to me that I had to push that "Auto" again to see the choices.

I can see why the "Sunny Weather" would work in bright Sun shine. It is blinding indoors. ;)

Terry

Thanks, again.:)

I can see why the "Sunny Weather" would work in bright Sun shine. It is blinding indoors. ;)
Which is why I don't think the auto goes that bright. I find it unusable indoors the contrast is just too high.

monza

I used an NEX at a party over the weekend, had no problem viewing the LCD in the bright Texas sun at the standard setting.

(At the center, Elise Avellan, one of the twins in the movie Grindhouse and the upcoming Machete.)