The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony NEX Canon EOS Lens Adapter

the mount is almost universal with adapters. get a zuiko 21/3.5 and a contax 45/2.8 and you'll have a nice compact package.

T

tokengirl

Is there a way to adjust the aperture?
Supposedly (I have not tried this), while you have the lens on a Canon body, you set the aperture you want, press the DOF preview button, and remove the lens while holding down said DOF preview button. Of course, having to carry a Canon body with you so that you can shoot with an uber-tiny Sony body kind of defeats the whole purpose,but what the hey... :confused:

hot

Supposedly (I have not tried this), while you have the lens on a Canon body, you set the aperture you want, press the DOF preview button, and remove the lens while holding down said DOF preview button.
I often did this ... works fine :) ... with m4/3 adapter.
Tomorrow I get my Canon-NEX adapter

Not necessary with my Canon-Samyang 85mm/1.4 and Canon-Samyang 8mm/3.5

hot

I too :)

Canon 550D with Samyang 8mm

Lumix GH1 with Samyang 8mm

factor = 1.6

factor = 2

NEX5 ... factor = 1.5
SOON :)

hot

NEX5 + Sigma 10-20, aperture 20, pol.filter (77mm, $ 7.99 incl. shipping)

Pol. weak

Pol. strong

hot

RongJin's adapter has tripod mount - fine for camera!

Getting focus is very simple: push button and you get 7x (or 14x) magnifying of picture

NEX5 + Sigma 105mm/2.8 macro

Terry

Can you give some more information in the 8mm fisheye? Would love to better nail down ultra wide on the nex.

hot

Can you give some more information in the 8mm fisheye? Would love to better nail down ultra wide on the nex.
You get Samyang 8mm/3.5 under ten different names. This Korean lens is - also the others, especially 85mm/1.4 and new 14mm/2.8 very sharp and well designed.

Of course they are manual lenses, but this is fine - for adapters. Price is low, in Europe I paid (incl. 20% VAT) € 250 for 85mm & 8mm, price for 14mm = € 290.

I use 85mm + 8mm with Canon (=Canon mount ... Canon 550D) and with adapters with m4/3 (Lumix GH1,G1) and E-mount (NEX5). Of course there are different crops - 1.5 (Sony), 1.6 (Canon), 2 (Lumix).

Getting focus is very easy with all cameras - magnifying of display 5x/10x/7x/14x. For 95% I work with position "A"

Aperture is selectable with lens (or with trick with Canon EOS lenses :) ), so you must only look for focus. Big aperture and macro need tripod, otherwise always freehand. All pictures are "out of camera", only resized (and sharpened) with Irfanview. I do not make RAW, no postprocessing. A good camera makes good JPGs, RAW = wasting of lifetime :)

My adapters are from Rong Jin, Shanghai ("jinfinance"). They are well made, very exact.

http://stores.ebay.com/RJ-camera-accessory-store__W0QQ_sidZ23670291?_nkw=nex&submit=Search

Samyang 85mm/1.4

For protection against bright sun I use a "Butterfly" for $ 9.45 (incl. shipping), fast foldable and with screen protector.
It's fast removable (shifting left) - fits also other cameras (with tiltable displays, f.e. Fuji HS10)

14mm/2.8

Last edited:

Terry

I guess I'm looking at the 8mm label of "fisheye". What work do you need to do on the ultra wide shots and how sharp are the edges.