The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX optical viewfinder

tom in mpls

I can't find any posts on my forum search. Has anyone used the Sony optical viewfinder on their NEX? I'm curious how well it works and how they accommodate different FL's. Does it show a series of frame lines?

V

Vivek

Presumably for use with the 16/2.8 and costs about the same as the lens.

For a dumb viewfinder, in this day and age, it is way over priced.

What I am waiting for is someone from PRC to come up with a screw in flash (cold) shoe so that I can use a 24mm viewfinder that I already have.

Sony are pulling an Olympus with this. Oly make VF-1 for their 17/2.8 (m4/3rds).

tom in mpls

Just a 16mm equivalent bright line, then. You can't tell that from their website.

Specifications:
Compatibility: Alpha NEX-3 with 18-55mm Lens, Alpha NEX-3 with 16mm Lens, Alpha NEX-5 with 18-55mm Lens, Alpha NEX-5 with 16mm Lens