The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sony Video cam takes ZA lenses!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Personally I know absolutely nothing about video, but I noticed that Michael Reichmann had this somewhat critical comment on LuLa's What's New section from 14th of July 2010 to the specifications of the announced Sony NEX VG10 Video Camera.

douglasf13

Yeah, there are a lot of conflicting opinions being posted about whether putting 30p in a 60i wrapper has any effect on IQ if you output at 30p.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Due to the specs I ended up with a dedicated Canon Prosumer model...

But I want a 850 or 900 replacement that will do video in 60p 30p 24p.

Not holding my breath you know.

Bob

LizaWitz

That camera shoots 30p. So many people are confusing storage format with recording format. It just stores it in a 60i stream for easy display on TVs.

So, there really is no problem. Most modern NLEs will treat the stream as if it is 30p, because it really is, and the frames will have no interlace artifacts. At least they should, anyway.

It's too bad that the aperture can't be controlled.

Attaching Sony A-mount lens requires LA-EA1 adaptor (sold separately). Manual focus and full open aperture shooting only.

Terry

It's too bad that the aperture can't be controlled.

Attaching Sony A-mount lens requires LA-EA1 adaptor (sold separately). Manual focus and full open aperture shooting only.
It says that for the NEX cameras as well but that isn't so. You do get full aperture control with the A to E adapter.