The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

24/2 finally

e_dawg

One more thing worth mentioning is the coma in the corners at f/2 and f/2.8. It is not as well corrected as the 35/1.4 G and ZA 24-70 and just a notch worse than the ZA 16-35. AFAIC, I have never paid attention to coma before because my night shots are on tripod and stopped down, but this coma may be annoying for some users.
I'm of the opinion that Sony/Zeiss don't have the kind of superlative corner performance for their wide-angle lenses that one might expect given their reputation. I wasn't that impressed by the ZA 24-70's corner performance, and was disappointed by the ZA 16-35's corner performance (especially given that it is the newest and most modern design of all the 16-35/2.8 zooms relative to the Nikon and Canon versions). As a result, i'm not at all surprised that ZA 24/2 suffers from coma in the corners (the MTF graphs also predicted this too).