Thread: I hate to be the one bringing you bad news

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be the one bringing you bad news

but according to Thom Hogan, Sony will cease production of FF sensors

www.bythom.com
    M262 ZM 25/2.8 35/1.4 50/2 85/2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I hate to be the one bringing you bad news

But, of course, as you may have guessed, I don't believe a word of it!

Post Thanks / Like

See! I told you the a900 would be the last camera I'd need to buy, ..... now I've no choice in the matter should I have reason to change my mind.
    A7II, FE 35, 55 C/Y 18, 28, 85, 100, 28-85

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we have to thank Sony for saving our money then

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite the case with you, I see you've been drooling after that 24 Zeiss ZA prime. This news might make you reconsider though, the a900/850 may be the only FF body you'll ever be able to use it on.

Well done Sony, a perfect example (if true) on how to alienate your high end users and close the system to existing users who, were perhaps aspiring to FF in the future.

Like I've said many times before, I'm delighted with the performance of the a900's I have. I really don't foresee me re-joining the never-ending upgrade trail chasing noiseless ISO6400 and 15 stops of dynamic range. My wallet is firmly shut with regard to camera/lens purchases. I just need to keep telling myself this is all I need in all reality.

I may be planning a trip to Korat soon, hopefully you'll have your 24 ZA to tease me with.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't see Sony ending its FF line just like that. There could be some truth in the rumor, especially from Nikon's point of view. Perhaps Sony is not providing Nikon with FF sensors anymore, which could explain the absence of any news regarding the long awaited D700X. Even if Sony decides to stop producing FF sensors (very unlikely scenario), this doesn't necessarily mean the end of FF cameras. They could be manufactured elsewhere to Sony's specifications.

As for the 24/2, you're absolutely right! I've been impatiently waiting for this one, and I doubt to be able resist the temptation, even with the current uncertainty.

I would certainly be very glad to tease you with it on your next (long overdue) visit

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, not manufacturing FF sensors and not having a FF camera offering are two different things. If they can't economically make what they need for their own business that doesn't mean they can't buy a sensor for future cameras. So, don't get your blood pressure up too soon. We will know soon enough what the landscape looks like as the Photokina announcements should start in earnest very soon.

I like my A900 don't feel any need to upgrade it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm not worried at all. It would be ludicrous for Sony to end their flagship line...especially on the eve of announcing more fullframe lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edwardkaraa View Post
    but according to Thom Hogan, Sony will cease production of FF sensors

www.bythom.com
    I see this as good news. I think Sony is cutting off Nikon (or Nikon choosing not to get FF sensors from Sony). Either way it may pave way for some exclusive Sony FF stuff.

Either which way, Sony still has the fab, if someone orders it they will make it. Sony semiconductor may stop making it so that it is not available "off the shelf". Why in the world would it affect "custom" sensors? My guess is Thom does not quite understand the fab economics,...

Cheers,

N
    A and E mount Too many lenses.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It all sounds a bit odd to me as well. If he said that they weren't going to make any more ff cameras I'd be less surprised. But still surprised.

Just as long as it doesn't mean that my lovely A900 stops working!!!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

I think that Tom has not understood anything

D3 sensors are manufactured by Sony as well as are D700 and D3s sensors. This are the Sony custom made sensors and I think also the D3X sensor to some degree is different from the Sony A900 sensor. Why would a company stop producing a product line which they can successfully sell in the future?

I do agree in comparison to other FF DSLRs the Sony models did not sell as expected. But this only could be the decision for Sony themselves to stop their FF product line (which in my opinion would be a big mistake because it would also canibalise their APSC sensor camera sales).

For me and I am sure also for many others the clear future of professional and semi professional digital photography is via FF sensors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    It all sounds a bit odd to me as well. If he said that they weren't going to make any more ff cameras I'd be less surprised. But still surprised.

Just as long as it doesn't mean that my lovely A900 stops working!!!
    Well - you could come to the Nikon camp and be an even happier shooter - give it a try and be surprised

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Well - you could come to the Nikon camp and be an even happier shooter - give it a try and be surprised
    No way - my lenses wouldn't fit. And buying everything new? Well - time for another hobby? Or go to my dream - Leaf AFI?? But for now my A900 does it's job, so no need to worry

Side note: to me leaving FF-line and then introducing new FF-lenses (24mm, and in german forum there is also a 2,8/85mm around) seems not to be soooo logically...

Andreas

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Peter - D100,D2x,D3,D700 a plethora of lenses (14-24,24-70,70-200 and a number of primes), and I was never, once, satisfied with the colour for landscapes, especially in evening light.. The A900 has been a wonderful relief, the colour is Always right, the focus is slow . . . but really accurate . . the Zeiss lenses are so much nicer than the Nikon equivalents, and it's small compared to the only real Nikon alternative (D3x). Sure, the Nikons are better at low light - but then I have the gorgeous 135 f1.8.

There are few things certain in this world, but the fact that I won't EVER return to Nikon is one of them!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think that Tom has not understood anything

D3 sensors are manufactured by Sony as well as are D700 and D3s sensors. This are the Sony custom made sensors and I think also the D3X sensor to some degree is different from the Sony A900 sensor. Why would a company stop producing a product line which they can successfully sell in the future?

I do agree in comparison to other FF DSLRs the Sony models did not sell as expected. But this only could be the decision for Sony themselves to stop their FF product line (which in my opinion would be a big mistake because it would also canibalise their APSC sensor camera sales).

For me and I am sure also for many others the clear future of professional and semi professional digital photography is via FF sensors.

Peter, the D700, D3 and D3s are not believed by most to be made by Sony. Renesas is one of the more popular assumptions (with Nikon's design.) http://www.icworks.com/blogs.aspx?id=4626&blogid=86

Well everyone, the good news is that, if Sony does quite making fullframes, our A900s will probably go up in value!
    Last edited by douglasf13; 26th July 2010 at 12:01.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems there might be more truth in the rumor than we would like. Now I really would have liked to buy the 24/2 and the rumored new FF body even if FF will be discontinued. But I think I would skip on those, if only to punish Sony by not giving them more of my money.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter - D100,D2x,D3,D700 a plethora of lenses (14-24,24-70,70-200 and a number of primes), and I was never, once, satisfied with the colour for landscapes, especially in evening light.. The A900 has been a wonderful relief, the colour is Always right, the focus is slow . . . but really accurate . . the Zeiss lenses are so much nicer than the Nikon equivalents, and it's small compared to the only real Nikon alternative (D3x). Sure, the Nikons are better at low light - but then I have the gorgeous 135 f1.8.

There are few things certain in this world, but the fact that I won't EVER return to Nikon is one of them!
    I have to agree on anything you say about D100, D2x and even D3. But from the D700 upwards I am 100 PERCENT satisfied with almost everything - especially colors! So maybe we have different taste, or we use the cameras differently. I do all my shooting in NEF 14bit and processing in C1 Pro. And the results rock.

WRT lenses - similar thing here - I could never become friend with the Zeiss zooms for the Sony and the 70-200 simply does not come close to the latest Nikkor 70-200 VR2. Also if it comes to the use of Zeiss lenses, I could buy the ones with Nikon mount and have a pretty good lineup then. But I am no longer really convinced that the Zeiss glass is superior to the latest Nikkor lenses and especially also to some selected Sigma lenses, like the 1.4/50 which I happily own and shoot since a few months.

So obviously tastes are very different.

On the FF topic - for me this Sony decision would not be too surprising, as Sony has often shown similar behavior in the past with other products - bring something new, test the market for a few years and if it does not fly, then stop it. Even if the product is superior to others. This might very well - unfortunately - happen now to their FF DSLRs. FOr me it does not mean, that they will not continue to develop FF sensors for others, as this is just a matter of business for them.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Large corporations like Sony are run by bean-counters, and bean-counters want to see a profit on every single product, no matter what. If they make a zillion yen on crop sensors/crop sensor cameras and only break even on the full-frame, the full-frame will get axed.

Ever wondered why the A700 hasn't been replaced? My guess is that it was going to be FF as well, until somebody calculated the profits, or lack of such. NEX is the new profit center for Sony; few parts, easy to manufacture, easy logistics, moves fast off the shelves... I wouldn't be surprised if the 2015 replacement for the A900 is a NEX as well. With a crop sensor...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I could never become friend with the Zeiss zooms for the Sony and the 70-200 simply does not come close to the latest Nikkor 70-200 VR2.
    I wasn't aware there was a Zeiss for Sony 70-200?

IBut I am no longer really convinced that the Zeiss glass is superior to the latest Nikkor lenses and especially also to some selected Sigma lenses, like the 1.4/50 which I happily own and shoot since a few months.

So obviously tastes are very different.
    Obviously

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Large corporations like Sony are run by bean-counters, and bean-counters want to see a profit on every single product, no matter what. If they make a zillion yen on crop sensors/crop sensor cameras and only break even on the full-frame, the full-frame will get axed.

Ever wondered why the A700 hasn't been replaced? My guess is that it was going to be FF as well, until somebody calculated the profits, or lack of such. NEX is the new profit center for Sony; few parts, easy to manufacture, easy logistics, moves fast off the shelves... I wouldn't be surprised if the 2015 replacement for the A900 is a NEX as well. With a crop sensor...
    Hi Jorgen
    I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree - we live in a changing world, and I wonder about Sony's ambitions to get into the professional market.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Jono, I agree, it would look like they never had any ambition towards the "real professional market that's dominated by Canon & Nikon. But you can't blame them for that, it would be very difficult market to break into as the "new kid on the block" and to be blunt, while the lenses were optically excellent, they were short in the overall range and perhaps not quite fast enough in focusing.

We Pro-sumers were the target with an affordable full frame offering, which in all reality was a remarkable offering considering the price and specs of the competition. It seems however it was not widely accepted.

I was reading elsewhere a comment someone made about sales figures for SLR cameras, I don't know how accurate the info is but the comment was made that in the top 20 DSLR cameras sold the Canon 5DII just made it in at 1.7%. That to me is an eye opener and to be quite honest, when I think about it when I see people walking around with cameras, the majority are compacts, any DSLR's would be lower end consumer models. It's very rare I'd see a body/lens combination that could be considered pro spec and usually when I do see them they are in the hands of Professional Photographers.

Anyway, for me it's all academic, I've a lovely Sony / Zeiss system that will do me for years to come. Assuming of course it proves reliable and parts are available in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=jonoslack;232137]I wasn't aware there was a Zeiss for Sony 70-200?

Just for correct understanding - the Zeiss zooms I had were the 16-35 and the 24-70, both bulky and not easily to handle for me.

The 70-200 of course is the Sony / Minolta one. This BTW is one of the best lenses for the system, although NOT Zeiss!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    Jono, I agree, it would look like they never had any ambition towards the "real professional market that's dominated by Canon & Nikon. But you can't blame them for that, it would be very difficult market to break into as the "new kid on the block" and to be blunt, while the lenses were optically excellent, they were short in the overall range and perhaps not quite fast enough in focusing.

We Pro-sumers were the target with an affordable full frame offering, which in all reality was a remarkable offering considering the price and specs of the competition. It seems however it was not widely accepted.

I was reading elsewhere a comment someone made about sales figures for SLR cameras, I don't know how accurate the info is but the comment was made that in the top 20 DSLR cameras sold the Canon 5DII just made it in at 1.7%. That to me is an eye opener and to be quite honest, when I think about it when I see people walking around with cameras, the majority are compacts, any DSLR's would be lower end consumer models. It's very rare I'd see a body/lens combination that could be considered pro spec and usually when I do see them they are in the hands of Professional Photographers.

Anyway, for me it's all academic, I've a lovely Sony / Zeiss system that will do me for years to come. Assuming of course it proves reliable and parts are available in the future.
    Hi Eoin - I hope you're well.
    I can remember while the forums all sang the 'everything will go full frame' mantra I was disagreeing, but I'd rather come to accept that it would. Seems much more likely that it won't!

This morning my A900 was sitting on the kitchen table (with 24-105) next to Si's Nikon D50 (with 24-120), the size difference wasn't that great. I need a D3x or a 1Ds like a hole in the head, but I really do like having 24mp in a small package with fine lenses.

The A900 and the Olympus E1 are the only cameras I've ever had where I've been consistently happy with the colour out of the camera (and if can't be fixed with a small WB tweak I never can get it right later). (Nikon was horrid, the Leica and the more recent Olys are fine (just not quite as joyful))

I quite agree the Zeiss lenses don't focus so quick, but then I understand the focusing, and I'm not that quick either! I love them.

So, like you, I have a lovely Sony / Zeiss system, I might pick up a 16-35 if they go down in price, and I'll certainly grab another A900 body when their price drops). For an SLR system for my landscape / wedding requirements it rocks, and it won't stop rocking just because the true minority demand for a FF SLR is recognised.

I still get tempted by the little Pentax K7 though

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post

Hello Eoin

I do agree with you and whilst I love using my A900 with Zeiss, Sony, Minolta and even a Tamron lens (which is excellent BTW), I would get nervous if it was confirmed that Sony would be pulling the plug on it's prosumer DSLR's.

The best thing I ever did was to sell my complete Leica R system when I was lucky enough to get very advanced warning from a reliable source that Leica were about to pull the plug on the R range. Other DMR users who held on are now left without a source of replacement batteries, chargers or spares and prices of R bodies and lenses are now a fraction of their former values.

If it is true that there will be no more full frame Sony sensors, it also means that what we have now in available lenses will be it, as obviously there will be no more development in full frame/film lenses without new cameras for them. The system would in effect be dead and I would want out. My lust for a NEX5 has suddenly evaporated!

However I do have a contact in the Sony camera world and I will try to get this confirmed one way or the other before I jump.
    Cheers, Dave
    www.simmondsphotography.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dhsimmonds View Post
    However I do have a contact in the Sony camera world and I will try to get this confirmed one way or the other before I jump.
    Hi there Dave. I see what you mean, but it isn't quite the same as the DMR - the lenses will still work, the camera will still work, you'll still be ale to get batteries. The investment isn't as high either.

My feeling though, is if I were to jump . . . where would I jump to? I really don't want to go to those behemoth Canon or Nikon bodies (or their lenses or files either). Doesn't seem to leave anywhere to go right now!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dave,

I'm in a complete agreement with you.

I was looking forward to the 24/2 but with the current news, and they do seem very likely to me, I have completely changed my mind.

In the past weeks, I was very lucky to have sold the 16-35 and 24-70 for a good price, before the rumours broke out.

I have also purchased the ZS 35/2 and 50/1.4, which can practically be adapted to almost anything. The surprise was that the ZS lenses are so much more Zeiss-like than my ZA lenses, no matter how good they are. Clarity and 3D are very pronounced with the ZS while the same cannot be said about the ZA. Colors are more pleasing as well, probably because they are warmer. For the above reasons, I have opted to get the ZS 25/2.8 over the ZA 24/2 and have just ordered it yesterday.

Another advantage is that the lenses will work on both Canon and Nikon, so that in the future, my options would be all open to adopt any system that I find attractive.

I'm still keeping my ZA 85 and 135 though. They shouldn't be difficult to sell if the FF system goes bust, and who knows, it may be possible to convert them to Canon EF in the future, similarly to what Conurus is doing with the Contax N.

This said, and even the rumors are true, we still have 3 additional years to enjoy our A900s and whatever is coming next, since it seems the A900 replacement is coming soon according to several sources.

Hello Eoin

I do agree with you and whilst I love using my A900 with Zeiss, Sony, Minolta and even a Tamron lens (which is excellent BTW), I would get nervous if it was confirmed that Sony would be pulling the plug on it's prosumer DSLR's.

The best thing I ever did was to sell my complete Leica R system when I was lucky enough to get very advanced warning from a reliable source that Leica were about to pull the plug on the R range. Other DMR users who held on are now left without a source of replacement batteries, chargers or spares and prices of R bodies and lenses are now a fraction of their former values.

If it is true that there will be no more full frame Sony sensors, it also means that what we have now in available lenses will be it, as obviously there will be no more development in full frame/film lenses without new cameras for them. The system would in effect be dead and I would want out. My lust for a NEX5 has suddenly evaporated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think I have a qualified guess about what the most frequent question will be at the Photokina Sony booth this year ...

What I mean is that Sony had better confirm or deny this "discontinued format" rumor before Photokina.

Personally I have a hard time believing it is true, until it may be publicly announced or firmly commented by Sony.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post

Personally I have a hard time believing it is true, until it may be publicly announced or firmly commented by Sony.
    with the new lenses coming, and apparently a new FF camera as well, I find it a little tough to believe as well.

It is not quite unheard of for Thom to be wrong !

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm not getting uptight about the whole situation. My primary use for the camera is low ISO landscape which I'm very pleased with. 24mp is plenty for me. Don't need or want video. Real live view would be useful. I now have NEX for a backup digital back (and the A mount lenses are just fine with it on a tripod. It will do my high ISO social stuff quite well.

All that being said I was skeptical about Sony to begin with. Over the years I haven't buil up a great trust factor with them.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    I'm not getting uptight about the whole situation. My primary use for the camera is low ISO landscape which I'm very pleased with. 24mp is plenty for me. Don't need or want video. Real live view would be useful. I now have NEX for a backup digital back (and the A mount lenses are just fine with it on a tripod. It will do my high ISO social stuff quite well.

All that being said I was skeptical about Sony to begin with. Over the years I haven't buil up a great trust factor with them.
    You and me both - in both situations really. But the truth is that there isn't any very obvious alternative anyway.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well I'm still digging around for info on this rumour and nothing from sound Sony sources as yet. What I have found though is that the rumours appear to have all started from a Nikon source!

Anyway I have enough to do for the moment converting everything digitally photographic from my PC over to a nice new shiny iMac! PS CS5 is the next to be moved, (re-activated) I have already downloaded C1 v 5 Pro even though I also have Aperture 3 loaded. I will compare both on the same A900 images.
    Cheers, Dave

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well I'm still digging around for info on this rumour and nothing from sound Sony sources as yet. What I have found though is that the rumours appear to have all started from a Nikon source!

Anyway I have enough to do for the moment converting everything digitally photographic from my PC over to a nice new shiny iMac! PS CS5 is the next to be moved, (re-activated) I have already downloaded C1 v 5 Pro even though I also have Aperture 3 loaded. I will compare both on the same A900 images.
    Hi Dave
    We wait with baited breath!

Good luck with the changeover . . . . and give Aperture a good chance, if you're used to C1 it'll take a while. I've recently stopped using C1 altogether for the M9, and I only rarely use PS (lens correction and stitching)

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm really not worried at all. I think it's all alarmist speculation.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
    I'm really not worried at all. I think it's all alarmist speculation.
    It's a ploy by someone to buy a 16-35 cheaply

Probably Edward, regretting his recent sale

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

It's a ploy by someone to buy a 16-35 cheaply

Probably Edward, regretting his recent sale

Post Thanks / Like

I am disappointed and it looks all my investment in this system will be vanished in a few years' time

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I certainly hope he is wrong, but one of the reasons that I dipped my toe in the Sony pool instead of diving in is that I'm not convinced of their commitment to high end DLSRs. Further, with rumors like this floating around I'm actually much less likely to buy new lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it could turn out to be a hoax after all, but still, the reason it caused such a stir is that somehow there is doubt in all of us Sony FF users since day one that this experience will be short lived. There were and still are many signs but we did not want to see them...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not me. I've been shooting Sony DSLRs since the autumn of 2006, and I've seen about a million false predictions for the Sony line in that time. While I do think Thom is on the more respectable side of things, and maybe it's possible that Sony will cease production on fullframe sensors, I highly doubt that Sony will cease making fullframe cameras and lenses. Heck, maybe they'll source the fullframe sensors to someone else? The particularly difficult thing about this rumor is that it may not be played out for years. Who knows?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

do something

I think it's too early to panic, nothing at all has been confirmed.
    At this stage it's still just a silly rumor, though a rather nasty one.
    Personally I think it's a hoax (but of course I may have to eat my words again later on).

So now it's time for Sony to exercise some quick damage control and strong leadership, i.e. confirming their ambitious commitment to longer term FF development, e.g. by releasing their lens roadmap.

By doing so existing Sony shooters could calm down, and a lot of other enthusiasts would dare make the jump now instead of keep waiting for years for the full range of lenses, high end ZA optics, fast primes, long lenses, wides, makros, tilt/shift and what not.
    Enthusiasts are actually very patient people provided they know there's something worth waiting for.

For many years Pentax has been clever enough to publish their updated lens roadmap. Sony could do the same.
    (Oh, and Nikon as well for that matter :sleep006.

One thing is for sure, if Sony doesn't kill this rumor quickly and effectively, the rumor itself can hurt their business seriously just by causing doubt and fear.

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said Steen

Sony's silence several days after the rumor started is not reassuring though.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course if Sony or Nikon or Canon had to go online and tell folks a specific rumour, regardless of how damaging it is, is false, then you would expect this every time, and i am pretty sure they do not care what we think as far as false rumours or any for that matter is concerned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ecsh View Post
    Of course if Sony or Nikon or Canon had to go online and tell folks a specific rumour, regardless of how damaging it is, is false, then you would expect this every time, and i am pretty sure they do not care what we think as far as false rumours or any for that matter is concerned.
    Sony's gaming division has done this, but usually if they let the rumor go it is false and if they rebut the rumor it turns out the be true.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, you mean like the affair with Lewinski denial?
    So hopefully they won't deny it LOL

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just browsed through the dpr review of the A390, and although it's not directly related, it shows that Sony has a strategy problem. I don't know how many DSLR models Sony has launched only the last 12 months (I can't count that far), many of them with only minimal, sometimes mostly cosmetic, changes. Still, Pentax, with only two models, is outselling them on the Japanese market.

So, they have to cut their losses, and although I doubt they are making much profit on the cheaper models, that is a market that they understand and can deal with. But a niche market that caters for a handful of middle aged, grumpy enthusiasts might not be Sony's cup of tea right now. Remember that they also halted the marketing of OLED TVs recently, leaving a greedy Samsung more or less alone in that part of the market. They are simply not in the mood to take any changes in the current economic climate.

If it's true, it would not be the first U-turn Sony have made. Anybody remember the ElCassette?

Post Thanks / Like

Sony rumors now reports 4 new bodies by the end of August.
    http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/category/rumors/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

None of them are full frame though!
    Cheers, Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jono's right what do you go too? Canon?...been there done that...and I haven't had very good luck reliability wise with my A900 but the only way I would switch DSLR systems is if Leica came out with a R10 which according to them is a dead horse.
    Mike

website under construction

Post Thanks / Like

How about the S2?

Post Thanks / Like

None of them are full frame though!
    The FF is due in 2011. Sony's last