Site Sponsors

Thread: Nex'es

Coms37

Nex'es

I have by now shot 1000 images with the Nex-3, quite a few test images. I shot them with the Kit-Zoom and 90% are absolutely great, my X1 is slightly better but less versatile.

I am contemplating getting a second Nex body with the 16mm lens, I could of got the whole thing as a set, but I hate changing lenses, which from experience always has to be done in busy places(I have dropped 3 or 4 lenses in the process, and even one camera)

Getting a second nex just for the 24mm seems rather elaborate to me, but appeals very strongly too. It will also be a system which would always fit into a pocket of my favorite jackets easily ....

Again, does this make sense? ... (all I need is one positive, perhaps justified, answer to settle my conscious and soul!)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nex'es

you'll be carrying 2 cameras?

x1 + nex3 sounds perfect to me.

Coms37

Quote Originally Posted by ken_vs_ryu View Post
    you'll be carrying 2 cameras?

x1 + nex3 sounds perfect to me.
    Yeah, one of either would be good enough if I'm honest ..... But I like 35mm shot, this is where the X1 comes in nicely, I also like the occasional wide as I like the versatility of a 18-55 zoom, simple no??? :-)

Most images I do with my X1, about 70% Sometimes however I want to get shorter, in churches/buildings for instance and occasionally a long shot will be required.

But of course you are absolutely correct, the X1 and Nex should do ...
    The X1 fits nicely into my field jacket, or actually in any jacket I ever wear, the Nex with the zoom not so much actually, I really need to squeeze it in .... blablabla what the flying fiddles am I talking about here... I'm turning into an equipement junk, I don't need it, yes I do, no I don't etc---- know the feeling?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting paradigm change. Since the camera body is so very small, now one can think about what body to buy for your lens, rather than what lens for your body. Seems not absurd to think about having each lens permanently attached to a body; toss the ones you need into your bag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I did a couple test shots with the Nex3 with the Leica 135 APO M lens attached and it's quite easy to handle. I am taking a 35 cron v4 and the 135 along with an X1 on a trip to see how this combo does. I will have focal lengths of 36mm, 52.5mm, and 202.5mm. I know there's a lot more in between but I am trying a small kit. I'll let you know how it goes.

Coms37

Quote Originally Posted by bradhusick View Post
    I did a couple test shots with the Nex3 with the Leica 135 APO M lens attached and it's quite easy to handle. I am taking a 35 cron v4 and the 135 along with an X1 on a trip to see how this combo does. I will have focal lengths of 36mm, 52.5mm, and 202.5mm. I know there's a lot more in between but I am trying a small kit. I'll let you know how it goes.
    I'd appreciate that brad.

Hopefully I will receiving my M adapter somewhere next week and then I will be able to try my M lenses. With the Nex and the X1 however I have become accustomed to AF and I also think I will have some problems focussing on these tiny screens. I don't mind the LCD's for composing, I
    it goes a lot better than I thought it would even in bright sunlight, but AF'ing is something else... and I quite like the Nex zoom lens actually.

I will be interested to know how a 90 cron performs, I use to like that focal length....

Post Thanks / Like

Eventually Sony will come out with an updated camera that seems interesting. If I went with a two camera setup to avoid lens changes, I'd change lenses for the 6 months while I wait for the next camera to come out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For me, NEX-5 is the first interesting camera I've seen in a couple of years (well, not including the M9.)

Post Thanks / Like

The NEX5 is also very appealing to me. I did wait so far to buy one, but I went back now on the order list of my dealer for the NEX5 kit.

I just held the camera with standard zoom and I was really impressed about how VERY well balanced it is in my hands. And the weight seems to be just a fraction of my EP2.

From all the images I saw here and in other places I am convinced the NEX5 will satisfy my needs for a fast, light, small enough high quality always with me camera. At least my next trial

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
    For me, NEX-5 is the first interesting camera I've seen in a couple of years (well, not including the M9.)
    Oh shush Douglas, you're just saying that to irritate me

Just this guy you know