The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX & flowers

simonclivehughes

Great stuff, Hot, are these all with the 18-55mm? I just bought the NEX5 with the 16mm and the battery is charging. I'll pick up the 18-55 next week (no dual lens kits here in Canada yet).

Cheers,

hot

Yes, 18-55mm, fantastic camera with fantastic lenses.
All pictures freehand, no sun, without flash, out of camera - only resized with IrfanView ( www.irfanview.com )

simonclivehughes

Just starting to play with mine now... For curiosity's sake, what mode did you use for these shots, iAuto? Or perhaps the Macro Scene mode?

Ciao,

hot

Just starting to play with mine now... For curiosity's sake, what mode did you use for these shots, iAuto? Or perhaps the Macro Scene mode?
I'm using (for 98.5%) only "A", never iAuto - also most AWB, never scene modes

ISO 3200 (above 3x Japanese blackberries ISO 200)

Last edited:

Diane B

Do you have a never ending variety of flowers in bloom in your garden? Amazing.
Yep, we have most of the same, but many are already done and some are still to come. Our strange weather this year in western NC has brought us a Fallish look to our gardens earlier than usual but very Summery (back around 100 today) temps. What a coup that you have these all in bloom at same time. I'm black eyed susan to death, lots of water lilies, some straggly purple cone flowers and that double one you have---all teh day lilies are done blooming and the berries all eaten so its crape myrtle trees in fulll bloom and lots of yellow LOL. OUr golden rod in garden hasn't bloomed yet nor our Japanese Anemones and yours look in full bloom. Lovely garden blooms--must be a temperate climate. Boo on this 100+ stuff this year LOL.

But to bring it back to the NEX--these are lovely, and esp knowing its with kit lens Very tempting.

Diane B

Hot, enjoy your photos a lot. A bit OT. you mentioned a biotop and I didn't know what it was so googled. I'd love to see some photos of it. This is relatively new to the US. Wish we had known when we put in our pond and then our pool. They overlook each other but we don't have the natural filtering that you have. Wonderful.

No wonder the cat visits from afar. All kinds of wildlife for it to hunt--plus such a nice place to sleep in the sun.

To bring it back to the NEX. I'm really impressed by this litte camera. Just don't want to consider adding yet another new system-yet. I'll keep checking this thread.

Terry

It will be interesting to see how Panasonic answers these ISO 6400 shots with new releases at Photokina. Which lens for this last batch (image stabilized?)

Terry

Douglas,
Has Iliah played around with the files like he did for the A900 and other Sony cameras?

Sorry Hot for going slightly OT.

hot

It will be interesting to see how Panasonic answers these ISO 6400 shots with new releases at Photokina. Which lens for this last batch (image stabilized?)
These pictures with "standard" 18-55 mm :eek:

:D Now let's wait/look for Lumix GH2 and SONY's

•A55 16MP 10FPS EVF-1.44M AVCHD full HD
•A33 14MP 7FPS EVF-1.44M AVCHD full HD
•A560 14MP 7FPS MF recording AVCHD full HD
•A580 16MP 7FPS MF recording AVCHD full HD

jonoslack

Hot
These are fantastic, and what a garden!
That lens really is an eye opener isn't it. And the ludicrous high ISO makes it really useable too.
I'm loving mine, just wish I had more free time to play with it right now.