The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Shocking NEX kit zoom and it's dreadful bokeh

jonoslack

and the impossibility of focusing handheld!:ROTFL:

:bugeyes:
How did they do that?

I'm sure it's flawed in lots of ways, I just haven't found 'em yet!

PS this was our 10 minutes of sunshine today.

PPS shot RAW processed in Aperture (nothing more than slight exposure adjustment and one cropped)

M

meilicke

Maybe it is a good thing sand got into my LX3?:ROTFL:

Very nice shots Jono.

Amin

Really nice, Jono. I've heard nothing but praise for this lens in terms of bokeh, and the samples seem to back that up.

nboyer

Excellent demonstration of what I was preaching at DPR - the bokeh is not just good, but very good in my book. Cheers. -Norm

roweraay

Cosidering its price, size, weight and the range provided, I think this lens seems to be punching well above its weight grade !

jonoslack

Right, I did know it was a joke, but sometimes I don't get the punch line. Although a college graduate, I admit it's still not clear to me. I think you shot with the camera's autofocus; please humor my confused brain.
Can't be as confused as mine Tom!
DMF is auto with manual over-ride - so you autofocus, then refine it with the manual focus ring.

I also think the bokeh is delicious :)

thrice

The blur is nice, but any lens with very close focus will throw the background into smooth oblivion, medium distances (2-3m) are where the gems are separated from the mud.

jonoslack

The blur is nice, but any lens with very close focus will throw the background into smooth oblivion, medium distances (2-3m) are where the gems are separated from the mud.
Try the Olympus 50 f2 macro - it might be one of the sharpest lenses, but the blur ain't good
try the new 35 'lux come to that!

Quentin_Bargate

and the impossibility of focusing handheld!:ROTFL:

:bugeyes:
How did they do that?

I'm sure it's flawed in lots of ways, I just haven't found 'em yet!

PS this was our 10 minutes of sunshine today.

PPS shot RAW processed in Aperture (nothing more than slight exposure adjustment and one cropped)
Very impressive, Jono :thumbup:

Quentin