Site Sponsors

Thread: Cheap fsu-lenses

matti

Cheap fsu-lenses

Hi all, this is my first post here. But I have learnt a lot lurking before buying a Nex-5 to play with while my dark room is rebuilt. I have ordered some adaptors and the first one to get delivered was the m39, so I thought I should share some snaps with my Jupiter-9 (2/85) and Jupiter-8 (2/50). Ugly and cheap (about $10 each) but the sonnar design makes the fuzz look good!

Both pics are wide open at f2, handheld and just imported from RAW into Aperture with no editing.

I like it, so maybe I will even continue to use these cheapies when my M-adaptor arrives!

So anyone else have been playing with this kind of lenses?

/matti

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheap fsu-lenses

I wish I could find them for $10.

That collapsible won't collapse correct? I have a summitar right now and it won't fit the nex collapsed.

Will the Jupiter 12 work?

matti

Well, that was some years ago. Now they tend to be a bit more expensive. The collapsable will collapse but sticks in about 8 mm too long. But the old rubber band trick works fine! I attach some pics with the collapsable Industar-22 3.5/50 at f3.5.
    /m

Post Thanks / Like

ohhh I wasn't familiar with the rubber band trick!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ken, I have a collapsible elmar. I have some gaffers tape wrapped around it so that it will only collapse a safe distance. I use it this way on my M8 and my NEX5.

I bought a LTM Jupiter 8 (50 f/2) that Brian Sweeney had done his magic on. It focuses perfectly on the M8 and works great on the NEX5, too. My bargain was $95, but I am very happy with my purchase.