The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Brick Wall Lens Tests with the NEX

sebboh

Douglas, I think you have a sub standard match for the NEX sensor. Even if you discount the color fringing, the corner OOF highlights looks quite out of shape. The flare isn't great either.
both those are general lens characteristics of voigtlander 35 1.4 not the specific lens sensor combo (i've seen lots of examples of them on leicas and µ4/3). that is why i specificly asked for these types of shots - it doesn't look any worse to me than what i've seen on the m8. the flare might be a little worse with the SC version, but not much. it's a question of whether one thinks these weaknesses (mostly present wide open) are worth the trade offs for the advantages of the lens (size, sharpness, and f/1.4 if you need it).

douglasf13

Exactly, like with my Sony 50mm, I will shoot this at f2 and above most of the time, with the option to use f1.4 when needed.

roweraay

The 35/2 Summicron has been listed in the "For Sale" forum. I guess it might as well go to the home of a person shooting Leica M, than be "wasted" on a NEX5. :cool:
The lens got sold in a couple of hours, with a TON of interest from people all over the country ! Amazing !:cool:

I had zero intention of making any money from the sale and thus it was sold for exactly what I bought it for.