Site Sponsors

Thread: Amount - NEX adaptor, no EXIF with teleconverter.

Post Thanks / Like

Amount - NEX adaptor, no EXIF with teleconverter.

My A-mount adaptor does not report EXIF correctly, when i put teleconverter in between (Sony 2x converter), I have tried with 70-400G and Minolta 200 G. Makes me annoyed, i wonder if others have had a similar experience? or is my adaptor faulty?

Exif reporting works fine with A mount cameras (with teleconvter and lenses mentioned).

Any ideas?

Cheers,

N
    A and E mount Too many lenses.

tigertimb

Re: Amount - NEX adaptor, no EXIF with teleconverter.

Hmmm, I didn't think I was getting info in the exif at all, but your comment has just made me recheck and I am seeing the same as you; info for the A-mount lenses, but with a teleconverter (Minolta 1.4x), I'm losing both the information on the focal length and the aperture!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amount - NEX adaptor, no EXIF with teleconverter.

Quote Originally Posted by tigertimb View Post
    Hmmm, I didn't think I was getting info in the exif at all, but your comment has just made me recheck and I am seeing the same as you; info for the A-mount lenses, but with a teleconverter (Minolta 1.4x), I'm losing both the information on the focal length and the aperture!
    Yes same for me. I read on dpreview from some other user that the user manual (for the adapter says do not user teleconverters)

N
    A and E mount Too many lenses.