The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tribute in Light

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member

Hello friends.

On this somber day where we commemorate the ninth anniversary of the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center, New York City will be aglow in the now annual presentation of "Tribute In Light". According to the Municipal Art Society of New York website, Tribute in Light is "...a world-renowned symbol of commemoration and healing. Tribute In Light’s majestic beams of light will illuminate the lower Manhattan sky beginning at dusk on Saturday, September 11, and fading with the dawn of Sunday, September 12."

I am currently traveling and will not be in NYC to photograph this year's light tribute. However, I wanted to share one of my favorite shots from my Tribute in Light series, which hails from September 11, 2006.

It was taken with a Sony A100, 80mm Planar lens (from an old Hasselblad) via an adapter.

Manoucher