The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX - Firmware and Lenses

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
It's not just the lens that has an issue of size, it is also a question of the size of the EVF, when it comes.

I'm looking at my GXR and I figure that any EVF worth its salt will be 15-20% of the volume of the NEX

Keith

Terry

I think - just a prediction....in early 2011 we will another body style with an EVF built in. We know they have one from the A33/55.

douglasf13

That would be great, Terry. I think the best thing about Photokina, in terms of NEX, is how Sony seems ready to push this mount into the hands of everyone, and they aren't displaying they're usual proprietary nature. I was really hoping for a big accessory announcement at Photokina, but at least the news about the future is positive.

Terry

That would be great, Terry. I think the best thing about Photokina, in terms of NEX, is how Sony seems ready to push this mount into the hands of everyone, and they aren't displaying they're usual proprietary nature. I was really hoping for a big accessory announcement at Photokina, but at least the news about the future is positive.
While a big accessory announcement would have been nice, I am very satisfied by the actions and language coming out of Photokina. The firmware changes detailed by Imaging Resource and the AF were huge. In addition, there are enough lenses in the pipeline (for me), the appearance of both a Zeiss branded and G branded lens were important and ticked that box and then the openess as regards to the lens mount to me signifies a different Sony.

Now I just want to see how Sony handles my repair and I will be able to make the final E mount/ micro 4/3 decision.

BackToSlr

I think - just a prediction....in early 2011 we will another body style with an EVF built in. We know they have one from the A33/55.
IMO, NEX-5/3 have one thing different from traditional SLRs, They are a single board device (single PCB and mounted devices inside, as long as they can manage that we will see a built in EVF, if not it will be an add-on. Did you see the flash extender that comes with 18-200, so that there is no shadow in flash pics?

Hope Sony sends you a new NEX (single board, not a lot of electronics can be fixed :)

Cheers,

N

V

Vivek

IMO, NEX-5/3 have one thing different from traditional SLRs, They are a single board device (single PCB and mounted devices inside, as long as they can manage that we will see a built in EVF, if not it will be an add-on. Did you see the flash extender that comes with 18-200, so that there is no shadow in flash pics?

Hope Sony sends you a new NEX (single board, not a lot of electronics can be fixed :)

Cheers,

N
Not a single board device like the Panasonic G1.

See the link given here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18920

What flash extender?!

T

tigertimb

And pleased to see the one extra detail that I'd been hoping for; and that the focus assist will remember where you left it.

I wonder why mid-October?

V

Vivek

Thanks Vivec, I saw Pete's dissemble'd pics before, i did not see it carefully enough, i thought the sensor was on main board.

FA-EX1S

Cheers,

N

Thanks, N (It is Vivek with a K). :)

The FA-EX1S looks good. I will have to see where I can get hold of them.

But, all I want is a simple wire extender with no plastic molding.

If I had an NEX, I would now be happy

These are not difficult to get hold of (same goes for Olympus EPs and Pana Gs) and cheap.

Interesting report here with more details including the fact that the NEX has been designed to be able to use a full frame sensor (but not with the NEX lenses) See this article:

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2010/09/23/nex-firmware-update-details-in-full/
No EVF for the existing NEX', yet and there are rumors about a full frame possibility. At least, Fuji have shown a mock up X100.....