The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Going fast with a NEX (images)

V

Vivek

The short camera registry of NEX allows for fast lenses to be used on them. Share any images taken with fast lenses and the NEX. Due to the limits imposed by shallow DOF and manual focus, fast captures are not really possible in reality (at least IME). So, the title, clearly, is a misnomer. ;)

Here is one at f/1.2 (ISO1600, 1/160s, NEX-5, LR3.2):

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

M

mike_hk2ksk

Hi, my 1st post here. But absorbed tonns of useful info from your posts.

Two shots with Nokton 50/1.4, wide open.

1st is 200 ISO, 1/50 sec.
2nd is 1600 ISO, 1/160 sec,in grayscale due to a minor flare.

Click on thumbnails for larger size.

G

GaryW

This was from a Minolta 50/1.7:

I haven't used this lens on the Nex much, but I keep telling myself that I should.

I guess I tend to save it for "special occasions", not as an everyday lens.

sebboh

that last b&w is great vivek. here's what a quick search for f/1.2 on my flickr stream reveals, apologies for the ones i've posted previously. all of these are wide open with some f/1.2 lens on a NEX-3:

that seems like plenty. i'll post more later, maybe slowing down to f/1.4 or even 1.8. :)

Wonderful images!! Are the f/1.2 shots from a VC 35mm f/1.2?

I just picked up a NEX5 last night. Can't wait to start mounting MF lenses!

sebboh

most of my shots are from the pen f 42mm but the first rabbit shot and the lock shot were taken with the canon FL 55mm f/1.2.

T

turtleinsea

Sebboh - the subject of your photos above are dull (no offence but ugly weeds dont inspire me!) but the rendering and bokeh are simply superb!

sebboh

Sebboh - the subject of your photos above are dull (no offence but ugly weeds dont inspire me!) but the rendering and bokeh are simply superb!
no offense taken, i've always been bored by flower shots as a general rule as well. i just got the lens a couple of weeks ago and i also just got my first child a couple of weeks ago. needless to say, these bokeh test shots are all i've really had time for photography wise (though i have taken thousands of shots of my daughter :)).